Cap. IX A right Decision?

Anastasia woke up in a beautiful room. Her plan failed. But she knew that it was a small chance for him to agree. Her disperation made her behave reckless. And she was not the kind to act without thinking. Now, she hopes the Prince will not turn on her.

She changed with a plain dark dress and decided to go to some stores to buy a few books and something nice for Stephan.

Deciding not to take the carriage, she walked to the center of the town.

__________

The streets were full of people strolling. Those who were not walking were in a hurry pushing and yelling.

All the noise, made me want to hurry and head home. It was not my kind of entertaiment. I entered a bookstore and I chose two books that I found interesting.

After that, I saw an universal store. A beautiful crystal ball caught my attention because of the picture presented in it; a girl and her brother skating and looking happy. I entered and took it. There, I also saw a pair of leather gloves for Stephan.

Looking around my sight stopped on a blue ribbon. The color made me recall his blue eyes. As colder they looked as darker they get. I was surprized that I thought of the prince. I was not into colors as I prefered dark but I took the ribbon.

Heading to pay for what I choose someone bumped hard into me.

"Look where you are going, you ugly thing!" she yelled. I just stared at the young woman and said nothing.

"How dare you? You should apologize in your knees, you impudent thing. You don't know who I am?"

I tried not to say anything knowing that it will make things worse. She seemed a noble, very beautiful, tall with white skin, redhead and big green eyes. She was accompanied by two other young girls.

I tried to pass them, when she grabbed my arm. Her fingernails pressed hard into my skin. I glared at her and she quickly set free my hand.

"Guards! Come and take this girl and throw her in the cell. I caught her trying to steal." she started to yell.

Two menthat were working at the store appeared in a second. With them came another man who seemed to be the owner of the store.

"Lady Vestia, we are sorry that you had to go through something like this. Let us reward you by offering  something for free." the owner said, trying to calm her.

"You say, that I don't have money and I need you to offer me something for free?" She asked angrily.

"N.. No, my Lady." he stuttered. "It.. It is a gift for the offence that you received."

"What I want, is to throw this girl in the cell. She tried to steal. My friends can affirm what I am telling."

The girls quickly nodded their heads in confirmation.

I stood quiet as I listened to what they had to say. So, she was the daughter of Duke Vestia. If the Emperor gets his way, she will marry the Prince.

Talking about a troublemaker. If she becomes a princess, I am afraid for this Empire. It seems that I will not get out easy from this situation.

"Miss, unfortunately you need to come with us. You have someone we can send word to come and vouch for you?" the owner asked apologetically.

I shook my head as I really didn't want them to find out my identity.

In that moment, other two security guards that were patrolling the city entered.
"We came to take the thief."

I could hear how the women were laughing. I could try to say that I didn't do anything, but I knew it will  only cause more problems for the owner of the store.

"Mister, can you keep me this, I will return to buy them." I said.