you make me happy- asahi

asahi x third year reader

(y/n) walks over to where Asahi is sitting on the floor, sliding to the ground and slumping against him.

"Hey (y/n), good job today!" Asahi pats him on the back with a smile, wiping sweat off his forehead with a towel.

(y/n) takes a drink from his water bottle, accepting a towel from Yachi with a quiet thank you. "Thanks Asahi, you did well too. Your serves are getting better by the day." (y/n) answers honestly, not missing the pink dusted on Asahi's cheeks when the (h/c) teen glances at him from the corner of his eye.

"Okay, we're taking a 15 minute break! Stay hydrated." Coach Ukai calls from the bench he and Takeda were sitting on by the wall, "Takeda and I are going to discuss practice matches with other schools, we'll be back. Behave yourselves." Ukai stands from the bench, helping the teacher up with a hand.

As soon as the two adults leave the gym, Hinata runs up to Kageyama with a grin, "Kageyama! Set for me!" He demands excitedly, not seeming tired at all from practice.

Kageyama rolls his eyes and waves the ginger off, "We're supposed to be taking a break, moron." He huffs and walks away, taking a towel from Kiyoko, bowing his head in thanks.

"That kid never stops, does he?" (y/n) leans back on his hands, looking over to Asahi again. The brunette glances at him with a small smile. "I wish I had that much energy." Asahi sighs, bringing his hand up to rub his sore legs.

(y/n) snickers at him, "Old man." He mutters under his breath, watching Asahi's face flush from his comment, "We're the same age! How can i be an old man?" He scolds the (h/c), embarrassment written on his face. Asahi elbows him in the side when the other teen laughs at him.

"Okay, okay." (y/n) smiles at Asahi, waving his hand in his direction. He looks away, but (y/n) still keeps his eyes on the other third year, his gaze fixed on his hair. It looks soft and silky, his fingers twitch with the urge to run his hand through it.

(y/n) sits up and moves his body so he's facing towards the brunette, "Hey Asahi, can I play with your hair?" The (h/c) looks at him with puppy eyes, trying not to laugh when Asahi's cheeks turn red, he looks at the other for a second before looking away again.

"Uhm, sure uh, I guess." Asahi stammers and refuses to make eye contact with the other teen, face and neck flushed red. Grinning, (y/n) scoots behind him, kneeling so he can reach his head. Trying to hide his excitement, (y/n) slowly takes his hair out of the loose bun he usually keeps it in, running his hands through it gently so it falls to his shoulders.

(y/n) smiles and lets out a quiet sigh, pulling the hair tie around his wrist he continues to brush the third years hair with his fingers. Asahi leans his head back, his neck and shoulders finally relaxing. He lets his eyes fall shut, the tension in his muscles releasing as the fingers threading through his hair ease his nerves, unaware of the eyes on the pair of them.