comfort- kageyama

(Y/n) lets out a content sigh as he leans back against Kageyama's chest, sitting on the couch, the setter resting his chin on (Y/n)'s shoulder as the pair watch an anime Kageyama can't remember the name of

(Y/n) reaches over and grabs Kageyama's hand, pulling the first year's arms over his belly and gliding his fingertips over his arms absentmindedly. The setters eyes slowly falling shut as he leans his head into the side of (Y/n)'s, the feeling of his lovers fingers dancing over his skin instantly lulling the volleyball player into a peaceful state.

Kageyama's eyes flutter back open as a character on the TV yells, pulling him from his dozing mind. He pulls his head back slightly, turning his face to gently press his lips to (Y/n)'s cheek, lingering there for a few moments before pulling away again, trailing soft kisses over the boy's jaw. Kageyama presses another kiss to his skin before nuzzling his face into (Y/n)'s neck, inhaling deeply and slowly breathing in the boy's familiar, comforting scent.

The blackette feels the boy chuckle, "You're awfully affectionate today, 'Yama." (Y/n) says softly, almost too quiet to hear over the show, but Kageyama heard it perfectly clear. The (h/c) boy grabs the remote from beside him and turns the TV down, just enough so they can still hear it faintly. Setting the remote back down, (Y/n) takes Kageyama's hand into his own, lifting it up to his face to kiss the back of his hand and squeezing it gently.

Kageyama squeezes the boys hand in response, "I missed you." He mumbles into the boy's neck, not letting go of the others hand.

(Y/n) shifts, pulling Kageyama's arm from around his waist before turning around in the boys lap with (Y/n) sitting on the his legs, the anime now completely forgotten in the background. The (h/c) boy cups Kageyama's face in his palms, rubbing his thumbs over the boy's cheeks and gently tilting his head up so he's meeting (Y/n)'s eyes, the setters hands resting on the others hips.

"Bad day?" (Y/n) asks softly, pulling one of his hands away to brush a strand of hair out of Kageyama's eye, running his hand through the boy's black hair as Kageyama leans into (Y/n)'s gentle touch. The setter lets out a heavy sigh and nods his head, "I got a 28 on my test, Daichi was in a bad mood, and Tsukishima was being an asshole, like always."

(Y/n) nods, staying quiet in case Kageyama wanted to continue and gently running his fingers through his lovers soft, black hair. Kageyama sighs and closes his eyes, relaxing in his boyfriends hold, the stress from today fading. (Y/n) leans in and presses his lips to Kageyama's, tilting his head to the side as their lips slowly move in sync and ghosting his fingertips over his lovers jawline.

Kageyama sighs into the kiss, reluctantly pulling away and pushing his face into the (h/c) boys neck, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling the boy flush against his chest. He squeezes the boy in his arms as he feels (Y/n) kissing his temple, one of the boys hands cradling Kageyama's head and the other rubbing his back, smoothing the wrinkles in the boys shirt.

"Do you want to go to bed?" (Y/n) asks softly, as if not to startle the boy holding him, a small smile on his face as Kageyama nods into his neck and loosens his arms grip around (Y/n)'s waist, letting the boy slip away from his hold. The boy leans over to kiss Kageyama on the cheek with a warm smile, "Brush your teeth and head to bed, I'll be there in a few minutes." He presses another kiss to the boy's lips before Kageyama stands up from the couch, rubbing his eyes tiredly as he walks to the (h/c) bathroom.

(Y/n) turns off the TV, bringing their dishes to the kitchen and setting them in the sink. He does his nightly bedtime routine, changing into his sleep clothes, washing his face, and brushing his teeth before he fills two glasses with water, carrying them to his bedroom. He pushes the door open with his foot, being as quiet as he can in case his boyfriend is already asleep. He holds in a giggle as he sees something shifting under a blanket in the middle of his bed, curled up in a ball.

(Y/n) sets the cups of water on the nightstand, switching on the lamp and turning off the overhead light, giving the room a calm aura as the warm yellow light fills the room. He looks at the lump on his bed for a moment before taking a hold of the edge of the blanket, slowly pulling it away from his boyfriend's face as the said boy groans.

"Kageyama, if you're taking up the whole bed, theres nowhere for me to lay." (Y/n) pokes his boyfriends cheeks as the boy mutters something under his breath, but eventually rolls over so he's facing the wall. (Y/n) lifts up the covers and slips into his bed, shuffling over to Kageyama and wrapping his arms around his setters waist, pulling him close as he tangles their legs together.

(Y/n) kisses the back of Kageyama's neck, "I love you, 'Yama." He lets out a content sigh, letting his eyes fall closed as he hears a faint muttering of 'I love you too', slowly drifting to sleep while holding his lover in his arms protectively.

———

just a short kageyama one for today, i have an ushijima and a hinata in the works that should be out soon, hinata's will probably be out first

requests? (character + plot + 'roles' (bottom/top) appreciated (๑•́ ω •̀๑)) -maggot