6 | Something very few people get to experience

Katrina POV

"You have to stay in the hospital."

What.

"What the hell?!" I shouted. The doctor flinched at my sudden outburst.

"Language kat." I wonder if you could guess who that was?

"Alice, don't language me." I said seriously and she just rolled her eyes, used to my behaviour. I turned back to the doctor who seemed unfazed by our conversation. "Why do I have to stay in the hospital?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You live alone, Katrina. You're underage to own a property, and we've spoken to your dad and he won't take you in, so we have no other option but to keep you under surveillance here."

"One. Don't call me by my full name, doc. It feels like I'm in trouble. And two. He's not my dad. Call him Gerald. He lost that privilege a while ago. And I've been living alone for years now, why is it suddenly such a problem?" I sassed.

He raised both his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Years! I should call the cops on your da- Gerald!" He looked at me, as if to argue with him and tell him to not send my dad to jail. Yeah. My butt.

"Kay." I shrugged and walked out the room.

Reaching the front desk I started asking questions about what my time here would be like.
"Well, you'll be admitted here starting tomorrow night, so spend all day packing with your curtains closed. Our hospital is getting many new patients a day, so you'll have to be in the cystic fibrosis ward, that's only one of our few free rooms, next to a boy called Lucas. Cystic fibrosis isn't contagious so you'll be fine on that floor anyway." The doctor said. I squinted at her name tag to find her name. Bingo.

"Thank you... Kara." She smiled and went back to her work.

I nodded and headed back to my awesome group of friends.

"Hey Kat, so we are gonna have to get going now, before the sun goes up if you wanna make it in time to pack and stuff." Ryan absentmindedly kept checking his phone for the time, worried we wouldn't make it in time.

"Okay. Let's get going." I turned on my heels and walked out of there.

"Oh and Kat?" Issa called. She then came to my right and fell into step with me.

"What's up Issa?" I glanced over at her.

"You'll need to go straight inside and head to your basement. We've got a surprise so we need you to hide where there aren't any windows. Kay?"

"M'kay." I nodded. What was the surprise?
......................................................................................

I headed straight to my basement, which was a cinema room and I watched the first movie of fast and furious. Best movie ever.

And it was then, a sudden thought of amazement occurred. Something very few people get to experience. This was truly the best news anyone could think of.

"I DON'T HAVE SCHOOL!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. That felt good.

I continued my movie with satisfaction. No homework. Of course I'll probably have to be homeschooled to be able to graduate this year, but that's better than actually going to school.

The movie was almost ending, and it was at my least favourite part. Brian has just revealed that he was a cop because Dom was injured, and let me tell you. Mia was not happy. I was just about to scream at the tv when a message popped up on my phone.