05

I tossed and turned for the millionth time right now. I am tired of not being able to sleep. After Matt left me in suspense, he cut the call then and there. I don't know how to react to it. I thought to ask him but when I looked at Zach, his head was hung low. I didn't know what to do.

After some time I silently got up and walked out to my room thinking he'll tell me when he's ready. But now without knowing, it just makes me restless. Something isn't right. I can literally feel my heart pounding louder than ever.

That's when I heard a knock. "You awake?"

"Yeah come in." I got up hearing Zach's voice.

He clicked open the door and sat beside me leaning at the bed head.

"Why are you awake?" I asked him.

"After what Matt said, my mind couldn't find peace."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I'm glad you're willing to listen. Because that time Matt didn't and this all is just a misunderstanding."

He took a deep breath and I looked at him. It was dark but I could make out his face. I can feel the stress he was going through. I kept my hand on his lap and he kept his hand on mine.

"Matt and I... We were best friends since play school. We had complete different lives but we got along quite well. When middle school started his parents went on business trips and used to leave him with his nanny. He started to get aggressive day by day but with me his attitude never changed. We both tried out for the football team and he got in, I couldn't. He used to take me to practice and we also played together in park. He never made me feel sad about it. His parents never came for his game but I was always there cheering for him. He sometimes came to my house and my mother treated him like a son." I heard him take a deep breath, like the one you take to avoid the tears. I squeezed his hand lightly.

"During his games with other schools, he often got in a fight with them before the match and I was always there with him. We both made a great team. We always managed to beat the crap out of them. We were so good that we even planned to go into WWE." He chuckled at that and a smile spread across my face.

"One day there was his final match of the tournament. If we won, he'd get the player of the tournament award, the one which helps you get the college scholarships in future. I was getting ready for his game and that's when... My mom-" He stopped. I looked at him and his other hand was holding his eyes. That's when he took in a sharp breath.

"She m-met an a-accident and she d-died. I didn't go to school for three days. But when I did on the forth day, he saw me. He came rushing to me and punched me. Later I knew that before his final game he was... They beat him a lot. He couldn't play the game and they lost the finals. He was out of the team because he misbehaved and he won't be taken back into football team for the remaining year. He blamed me and he didn't even give me a chance to explain myself. After that day whenever he got the chance, he bullies me. Now that he's got the football team as his family, I'm scared of him. He's rich with ego and I can't deal with him." With that he finished. I didn't know I was crying until my nose made the noise.

"Hey are you crying?" He quickly turned to me. I denied and looked away. "Hey look here, look at me." He tried to hold my face but I kept on stopping him. Finally he pulled me in his lap and placed my head on his chest. And I lost it. I just cried more and more. He stroked my back gently and whispered soothing words in my ear.

"Hey princess, it's alright. It was years ago. See how strong I am, I have you guys with me. I'm richer than Matt." I chuckled at the last line.

"Now come on let me see the smile." He pushed me lightly to see my face. "Come on, or should I say Oink-Oink."