Chapter Three

Your Part
We all stood side by side in Professor Snape's office staring in disbelief at what was in front of us. The Daily Prophet is held by the firm hands of Snape as a picture of the Weasley's Ford Anglia flies along the front of it. Although, it was the caption that scared me the most reading: Ford Anglia Mistifies Muggles. "Oh godrick" I gasp under my breath.

"You were seen! By no less then seven Muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is?! You have risked the exposer of our world"... and Snape just kept droning on. Of course during the first two minutes of flying we had forgotten to turn on the invisibility switch. I smacked my head in sheer dumbness at the thought.

Ron looked as if he was going to cry before his next words got me tuned right into the conversation. "Well you're going to expel us aren't you"? My head whipped up in attention as I noticed McGonagoll and Dumbledore had entered the room. I felt a tear trickle down my neck. I must have been crying so hard I didn't even notice they came in.

"Not today, Mr. Weasley. But I must impress upon all three of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be sending owls to all of your families tonight. And you will each get a detention" McGonagoll instructed. The rest was a blur as we each made our way to the great hall.

I plumped myself next to Harry instead of my usual spot with Ron, whom made his way to Hermionie. "What in the heck happened to you three" Hermionie exclaimed. "I'm so dead" Ron grumbled only taking a small bite of bread. Harry got right to eating before striking up a small conversation with Hermionie. I guess he was just relieved to be here.

Wish I could say the same. I let my head hit the table as the stress from tonight washed over me. It was all too overwhelming. Fighting the tears that surfaced to my eyelids, I wrapped my arms around my torso as my legs fidgeted. "You'll be okay. It's not your fault and you know it. Just try and eat some food" Harry whispered before rubbing my back softly.

I slightly smiled deciding not to ruin my first night at Hogwarts. Picking my head up I shoved mashed potato's into my mouth as Harry slung his arm over my shoulder. We laughed at Ron's aimless attempts to throw a piece of chicken into his own mouth.
***
I entered the greenhouse that morning walking by Seamus as Harry and Ron walked next to Neville. "Detention on the first day"?!

"That's got to be a new record" Seamus added to Neville's sentence. He looked to me with an annoying smirk on his face as I rolled my eyes. "Oh shut up" I grinned seating myself next to Ron this time around. "Sorry I got mad at you last night. Was sad about my wand" he whispered to me. "No issues" I whispered back as I ruffled his hair.

His hair was sticking out every which way as he laughed before flattening it. "Would you two pay attention. You're going to lose us points" Hermionie snapped. "Sorry Mionie" I mumbled looking back to the lesson.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three second years. Today we will be re-potting mandrakes. Now who here can tell me the properties of a mandrake. Yes, Ms. Granger"? Before I could even muster up the courage to answer the question, Hermionie's hand shot up in the air within the second.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to tranfigure those who have been changed from their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it" she spoke clearly. Ron huffed next to me rolling his eyes as I snickered a bit.

"Excellent, ten points to Gryffindor" Professor Sprout exclaimed. I clapped Hermionie on the back as she smiled proudly before the lesson went on to its boring state. I wasn't much of a Herbology person as Hermionie was well...an every subject person.

"As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs. If you will then"...