Amy's Decision

The halls were dimly lit as I made my way to speak with a Albus Dumbledore. I was recalling the conversation that lead me here. I had just returned home from the War of Demntores. Over 5000 dementors showed up in America taking over small towns and it was my job to destroy them all. This wasn't my first war.

War was my life. I was abandoned as a baby on side of the road. A very nasty man by the name of Tim picked me up and hid me. For the next seven years of my life I was beat, molested, starved and put down. The only bright side is I learned all about magic.

Whenever Tim was at work, I taught myself to read and read many of his books. I cooked and cleaned and when he came home he would test me on my magic and if I missed one thing, that's when things would turn ugly. I learned that normally young witches and wizards were not trained in magic until they were 11. Tim had other plans for me. He wanted America to have a weapon, and I was that weapon.

On my seventh year living with this man a big war broke out in America. I was sent to the front lines. This was what I'd lived my whole life for. Because of me ,the war didn't last long, however, I met a guy named Chris who took me to his home. Him and his wife put up a big fight on adopting me. They found out what Tim had done and after a year, Tim lost his job as top military and lost me. By now, the training was already in me. I could already perform magic most adults struggled with. Chris made me captain of our platoon and I loved my job. However, Chris and Sherry wanted me to at least do one thing that normal children do, school.

I was officially 13 years old. Though we had no clue when I was actually born, medical test showed how many years I'd been alive. We made my birthday November 14th. Tim never gave me a name, we won't say what he called me, so Chris and Sherry named me Amy and gave me their last name.

I disagreed with having to go to school. I'm already past the proper age for starting school for one, also I already know everything school will teach. Another thing, I don't know how to act around people. I don't really fit in and would rather be left alone to listen to my music or work on my potions.

They don't teach Dark Magic in school and I use Dark Magic for a few things. I told Chris and Sherry my reasons, Sherry replied with, "You'll be around people your own age. It'll teach you to be a child."

"I don't want to be a child. I happen to like who I am."

"Amy please, I have a feeling you'll really enjoy school. " Sherry said.

I knew the real reason she was pushing me going to school. It was what Chris wanted and Chris didn't return from the War with me. I could see it in her eyes that I wasn't the only one that blamed myself for this. Before the war Chris set it up for me to go to Hogwarts. It was a big school in England for witches and wizards. I knew he set it up because Severus Snape, my long time ideal from Potions Weekly use to go to that school.

After sitting in silence for so long, I finally agreed to go. I would find a way to bring Chris back to us while I was in school. I packed my bag. Yes I only had one bag, it was Military issued and could fit anything needed in it. I even packed my potions lab in it. Before I left I walked out the back door and transformed into my animagus form, a large wolf with silky black hair. My form use to be smaller, however I was bit by a werewolf a few times and it made my wolf form grow and made my senses stronger. I was glad that's the only effects it had. I howled my goodbye to the pack of wolves that lived outside my home.

One wolf, a small white wolf with a black mask like face, ran up to me. She was letting me know she was coming with me. I tried to talk her out of it but a pack should always stick together. I changed back and picked her up and apperated to Chris' s medical med. He smiled a very childish and goofy smile and made some noise that was more like baby talk. I felt a tear run down my face.