Chapter 11: Brave New World

Sat high up on a branch, one leg hanging free, Amari chewed on a twig watching Ai meditate.

"*yaaaaawn* So fuckin' boring, Ai." Amari said leaning against the tree.

"Mn, I know. Sorry sis. I'm done." Ai opened her eyes and smiled. She remembered Amari hated sitting around doing nothing, she could focus on her domain later.

"'Bout time, I was about to fall asleep, and never wake up." Amari slouched down on the branch, dangling both legs off the sides.

Ai furrowed her brow. "Anyways, I was thinking at the same time, since meditation also doubles for amplifying how fast the mind processes information. I've thought about what we should do."

Hearing this, Amari blurred and appeared in front of Ai with a grin. "Finally! So what's the plan, sis?"

Ai stood up and readjusted her cloak. "Well, I thought about our objectives, the first should be to level me up at least a little bit, I really don't like the idea that the common monsters can kill me with a sneeze. Level 10 should suffice as most of the world based monsters are around that level, plus or minus some levels. I think with my experience, I should be able to handle monsters a few levels higher than me, five or more would be pushing it."

Ai pointed a finger in the air, waving it around in a circular motion. "After that, we should figure out who the other six level 20 plusses are and attempt to locate them. Once I reach level 10, I should unlock the [Augury] spell as a Cleric and be able to do that once I know their names."

"You mean the other five, you were one of the seven, you managed to reach level 23."

Ai blinked. "Wait, how? Exactly how old am I?" Ai asked as she realized with her body as small as it was in mass and height, she had to have been only 14 or 15, she hadn't even developed a chest yet, she thought about that fact the most as she glared jealously at Amari's small but still existent chest.

Feeling Ai's jealous glare, Amari chuckled nervously. "Aha, well sis, you are 17 years old, and your big sis is 18."

Dread filled Ai's mind as she glared at Amari, noticing that she wouldn't get much if anything at all. Again her feminine side screamed in agony whilst the masculine side sighed in relief.

"Ugh, cursed to prepubescence for life. By the way, how tall are you? I noticed that we are the same height." Ai said with as little life in her voice as possible.

Amari blushed with a mixed face and laughed nervously. "Ahahaha! Does it really matter, sis? Size isn't everything you know?"

Ai smirked, ammo acquired. "Hmm, fair point, by the way, how long is that massive beast of a sword you have there?"

Amari perked up and grinned pridefully. "Hee hee, this baby is a massive 5 and a half feet for the blade alone, the grip is another foot, me and Gigas go way back!"

Oh her poor, innocent pride.

"Mhmm, mhmm, I see, I see. So that would make you 5 feet tall exactly." Ai said with a shit-eating grin.

Ai might as well have grabbed Gigas and rammed it straight through Amari's heart.

"Lil s-s-sis, why are you so cruel." Amari stuttered, dropping her head in defeat.

'Finally! A weakness!'

"Ooohohoh, but size isn't everything, right sis?" Ai said, maintaining a shit-eating grin.

"Your sleeping outside the tent." Amari retorted.

"Hou, so when did we get married? I don't remember the honeymoon so it must not have been that good."