Chapter 3

I opened my eye and couldn’t see anything but, smoke. I tried to breathe and I couldn’t. I swung my arms around trying to clear the smoke. The, I saw it. A light. I ran towards it hoping it was the out. When I got closer, I saw the figure of someone. I stepped back. Was I dreaming, what happening, were am I, why am I here? I wanted so badly to wake up so, I willed every bit of fight I had to open my eyes. Just, as I was about to open my eyes, I heard someone say Beware I shot up. I was back on the couch. I suddenly started crying.

“Leonardo,” I cried out. “Come here, please.” Though the tears, I saw Leo in his boxers. 

“Maxy, what are you yelling about?” Leo walked over to me and sat down. “It’s like 12 am.”

“Leo, I’m sorry.” I threw myself into his arms. “It was so scary, I couldn’t see or breathe.” Leo looked down at me. He put his arms around me and rubbed me back. 

“Oh, Maxy, it was just a dream, no one’s gonna hurt you.” Leo leaned down and kissed the top of my head. “I’ll protect you, I promise.” I couldn’t help but stop crying. I rolled over and looked up at him.

“Why do you care so much about me?” I was pondering the question every since I come here. “You only just meet me, yet you promise to protect me, it baffles me?”

“Well, I trust you, you seem like the girl a guy can trust to not break his heart.” Leo smiled down at me. “In addition, your really cute.” I blushed.

“All you guys have done since I got here is say kind things to me.” I had never had people be this nice to me. Ever. “Why are y’all so nice?"

“Because, if any beautiful girl came to live with us, we would be as kind as possible to make sure she is happy.” Leo clearly had what it took to be a leader. Strong, kind, protective, and charming. The four thing’s any girl would want from a guy. I couldn’t take it anymore. I sat up and an took this chance. I leaned in close to his face and kissed him. To my surprise, he kissed back, but, with more passion. 

Who was I to be rude and not say thank you. I returned his kiss. He returned this one as well, with even more passion than the first. Next thing I knew, I was sitting on his lap, facing him, making out.After about two minuets, we both separated for a breathe. 

“Oh, um,” I blushed deeply. “Wow, your a great kisser.”  I would have never guessed he would be so talented.

“So are you.” Leo finally said something. I stared blankly into his eyes. I wanted more. So much more.

“Wanna do it again?” I asked as quickly as I could.

“Sure!” Leo voice was raspy. I knew was that meant. He placed his heads on my waist and pulled me closer to him. “God, you so beautiful.”

I didn’t care what he was saying. I quickly place my lips on his. As my lips parted, he slid his tongue into my mouth. Just the feeling of him being in me, sent me reeling. As we made out for the second time, he wrapped him arms around my waist and held be close. I put my arms around his neck and over the back of the couch. I loved this moment. It was the best thing that has happened to me since I moved to New York.

Suddenly, it all stopped. I opened my eye’s and looked at Leo. He had that look in his eyes. I quickly climbed off of him and place myself beside him. I remembered something and handed him a pillow and blanket. He placed the pillow on his lap and cover both our legs up with the blanket. Just as he did this, Mikey came into the ‘living’ room. 

“What are you to still doing up?” Mikey was standing there in a pair of turtle slipper and PJs.”It’s really late.” 

“The real question is what are you doing up?” I resorted.

“Midnight Munchies!” Mikey voice was still groggy. “Gotta get me a Cheesesicle!”

“Oh, um, I think I’ll get me one too.” I jumped up and took his arm. “Off to the kitchen, I’m starving.” I let Mikey lead the way since I didn’t know where the kitchen was. When we got to the kitchen, Mikey took my hand and pulled me to the fridge. “Mikey, what are you doing?”

“You haven’t met my pet, yet, have you?” Mikey opened the fridge. “It’s ok Ice Cream Kitty, she won’t hurt you.”

“Ice Cream what?” I looked into the fridge and saw what he was referring to. A cat appeared from the back of the fridge, but, this cat was made out of Ice Cream. “Oh My God, what is that?”

“It’s a mutant cat!” Mikey seemed proud of himself. “Cool, right?” I looked at it. 

“Hey, kitty, do you like being a mutant?” I stared at it. It meowed happily at me. “Oh you are! Well that surprises me.” It meowed again.

“He likes you.” Mikey reached in and pulled ‘him’ out. I wanted to pet it, but, truthfully, it scared the shit out of me. “Here pet him, he won’t bite you, I promise.”

“Oh OK.” I reached over to it and placed my finger on his head. “Oh, your cold.” I laughed at myself. I ran my finger down his back and he purred. “Awe, that’s cute.”

“Your cuter.” MIkey handed me a Cheesesicle. “Here, they are good.” I took a bite of it.

“Hey, your right they are good!” I was surprised. 

“Splinter, came up with the idea.” Mikey put Ice Cream Kitty back in the fridge. “He really like’s cheese.” I finished up my cheesesicle. “Wow, you finished that fast!”

“I eat faster when I’m sleepy.” I yawned and nodded.

“Oh well, you better get back to bed.” Mikey was right. I need to get to bed.

“Well, I’ll see you in the morning.” I leaned close to him and kissed his cheek. “Good night, Mikey.” I walked back to the couch. Leo was gone and the pillow an blanket, too. “Dammit, Leo.” I just laid down and fell back asleep. This time with no dreams about smoke and shining people.