Chapter XX

Claire POV

"When are you gonna come back?" I groaned as I got on the bus. I looked for a seat, particularly in the back which was empty. I was successful in doing so, but I knew that more students would fill the bus eventually. Meh, at least I get the window.

"I'm coming, okay? Don't be so gloomy about it. I may or may not be late for school, but I promise that when I see you, I will attack you with a hug. I'm getting into the car." He ensured.

"It's been too long." I mumbled. Eddie was my best friend and practically my brother. We acted like siblings sometimes.

"I know, it has. But can't you wait three hours?" I sighed.

"Fine. Anyways, how's the girl doing? Your dad's family friend's daughter?" He groaned when I brought up the topic of her.

"Still really annoying. I'll tell you about it when I see you." I chuckled.

"Is she right next to you?"

"Yeah."

"Alright then. Enjoy the time while you can, Eddie. Bye, and love you."

"Yeah, yeah. Love you, too." He barely whispered.

The call ended. But as soon as I hung up, someone else called.

"Tiger," I said with a smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Canary," he replied back. "How's your mom doing?"

"She's doing good. Better, actually. I gave her an inspirational speech about how she's gonna be better and nothing's gonna happen to her. After a while, she said that she would stop worrying about everything in the world and just stay happy."

"That's good."

"Yeah. I really hope she would get better soon. I want her to come home. I feel really lonely at home."

"You could call me over, right?" I laughed and shook my head.

"In what context are you talking about? I would like lots of hugs and cuddles while watching a Disney movie."

"Well, I was thinking of something else.... but that sounds fine too."

"Get your head out of the gutter."

The bus ride went like that. I was bored, but I was glad I was talking to Tiger along the way. With his company, I was in a totally different world.

With his company, time flew by so fast. Fifteen minutes was how long the bus ride takes to school. While talking with him, it didn't even feel like five minutes.

I got off the bus, once again thanking the bus driver for the ride, and adjusting the straps of my backpack.

"Okay, then. I'm getting into my car. I guess I'll see you at school, even if I don't know what you look like." I giggled.

"Okay. Bye. I guess I'll see you as well." I really wished we could talk more, but maybe would after school.

I was walking towards the main entrance of the school when I heard my name being called. Who would want to talk to me in school? I turned around.

I swear to God, if it's Ryan-

"Eddie!" I ran up to him and hugged him real tight, just like he asked.

He chuckled at my reaction. Sure, I was acting like a little kid, but I really did miss him. There was so much I had to tell.

"I missed you a little." I pulled away and slapped his arm playfully.