chapter 38: you dont like it?

adrienne

im reading the time traveler's wife on my couch with kyle's head on my lap and his legs dangling at end of the coach, i couldn't focus on what im reading because he keeps talking to me.

"why did you have that big smile on your face when you came to me and the end of the game?" he asked while looking up at me.

"secret." i smirked at him, well if y'all wondering why- that day when i came to check up on luka i asked furiously and worriedly at him if kyle purposely knocked him over because there's a chance he might do that since he's mad at me because of luka and jayson but then luka told me instead that kyle apologized to him for the way he acted the other day when he came to steal me from them he also wanted to apologize to jayson, so im really happy about it, i smiled again at the thought of it.

"look you're smiling again." he said with furrowed eyebrows.

"why im not allowed to smile now?" i raised an eyebrow at him.

"no, you just dont do it too often." i chuckled, i cupped his face and leaned closer to him.

"that's because you make me happy, alright?" i said and place a kiss on his lips, and now he's looking at me with a crazy smile on his face.

"is that true?" he asked

"cross my heart, daddy." i meant to say baby but yea, it was my first time to call him daddy out loud so he's giving me this weird look with furrowed eyebrows and a sheepish smile.

"don't call me that," he said but the look on his face says otherwise

"you dont like it?" i smirked at him.

dont call me that unless you want babies with me." he said with a lop side grin at me, he sat up and now im the one who's looking up at him now as he put his hands on my waist.

"that would be lovely." i said as he pulled me to sit on his lap, he wrapped his arms around me capturing me in to a hug and i wrapped my arms around his neck burying my face at the side of his neck and hug him tightly.

it was a simple, happy and contented moment for me, i could never ask for more.

***

i was cooking for our dinner while kyle is asleep on the coach, i told him to go to my room so he can be more comfortable but he just groaned at me and continue sleeping, i decided to cook pasta, carbonara with shrimp paired with some buttered toast which is my favorite meal ever, i turned off the stove and set aside the meal first until kyle wake up- i dont want to disturb him from sleeping because he came straight here in my place after their practice.

i was just cleaning up the kitchen when someone rang my doorbell outside my condo, i frowned and check the clock its 8 pm already who would be visiting me? i didnt receive any messages from jordana or from my other friends if they were coming over, i sighed and made my way to the door and open it to reveal my three brothers and jordana.

"what the fuck are yall doing here?" i asked them confused, they're deadass standing in front of me complete- must be important if the lonzo, jelo and melo show up at the same time.

"why are we disturbing something?" lonzo asked with his eyebrows raised and tried to peek inside, i rolled my eyes at him.

"what's that smell?" melo asked. "that's smells so good, what are you cooking?" typical melo, ofcourse he's the first one to notice the food.

"well are you gonna let us in or not?" gelo asked.

"i dont have a choice do i?" i said sarcastically and step aside to let them inside.

"psh." jelo rolled his eyes at me.

"yo let's play xbox or something." melo said and flop himself on the single coach.

"kyle's here huh." jelo said looking at my baby sleeping.

"dont u even dare to disturb him." i warned them, jelo raised his hands up in surrender but lonzo gave me a look then the next thing i know lonzo got kyle in to a headlock while kyle is punching lonzo in the stomach.

jordana stood up beside me watching them while shaking our heads jelo and melo on the other hands seems to be liking the show since they're laughing.

soon later they're done play fighting and now playing nba 2k on my xbox that i barely use, me with a green apple on my hand and jordana sitting beside lonzo who's playing with kyle.

"so what are you guys really here for? must be important." i asked as i take a bite of my apple.

"oh, right."

"mum said we need to come home in lithuania this weekend." melo informed me, i frowned.

"what for?" i asked and walked closer to them just stop behind the coach with kyle in front of me in his back while pressing the controller's buttons cooly.

"she said she wants the family to come together again." melo shrugged with his eyebrows furrowed focusing on the game.

"she misses me, the favorite kid." lonzo smirked.

"alright, keep telling yourself that." jelo spat.

"you wish, im the youngest so yall know its me- quit embarrassing yourself." melo smirked.

"oh, shut up." i rolled my eyes at them, i wont even try to argue with them or even say a word they already know its me, i wont fight for a position that i already know is mine.

actually kidding aside, lonzo's right, he's always been LaVar's favorite aside from melo while me and jelo no matter what we do to make him proud- there's nothing, i have given up on that years ago specially all of them is good in basketball - even mom, he wanted me to be like them but sports just isnt my thing, im not athletic and hell i cant even run for my life if that ever happen.

my brother all got their life figured out, be in nba or be drafted in nba soon and play for their dream nba team while me? i don't really know what to do with my life- i havent figured out things yet.

"well seriously speaking, they're all planning to go to the beach i just dont know where though." jelo said.

"well it seems like i wouldn't be seeing you for a day or two." i said to kyle.

"actually, correction we're staying for a week not just the weekend." lonzo informed.

"well it looks like i wont be seeing you for a week." i informed kyle, i put both my hands on his shoulder and travelled it down on his chest.

"thats alright baby, we got facetime and stuff." he said softly held one of my hand and bring it in his mouth and place a kiss on it that made me smile, he's still focusing on his game though.

"right." i smiled.