Chapter fifty-one

"Three days left, everybody! Put that work in it!", Jia yelled, "5, 6, 7, 8!" Earlier she promised that if she was going to be satisfied with the results of todays class, she would le them go back to NYABM earlier so that they had some more time to rest. In the outer corner of his vision field Alec saw Magnus. He looked so hot, Alec literally couldn't get over it. The way he did his bodywaves, how his moves set the room on fire. He couldn't help but be fascinated- in his opinion, Magnus was definitely the best dancer in the room- apart from Jia, maybe. "That was amazing!", Jia exclaimed after the last beat pounded through Alec's body. "Thank god."; he sighed and dropped himself on the floor. "Actually, I have a surprise for one of you. In the end, during that slow motion section, I planned a solo. And I have been watching very closely and found someone I would love to give this short solo to. The lucky one is Magnus!", Jia cheered. "Congrats!", Alec said and clapped his hands as Magnus walked forwards to hug Jia. "So, this means everyone can go- everyone but Magnus. It will only be one hour though. And everyone else, rest up! Catch you tomorrow!" "See you then!", Magnus said and quickly pressed a kiss on Alecs cheek before he followed Jia into the back corner of the room. "Wanna catch a cab together?", Maia asked and Alec nodded. Minutes later they were already on their way back to NYABM when suddenly, Alecs and Maias phone started vibrating. For Alec, it was an incoming call from Julian and for Maia one from Emma. Quickly, they exchanged a meaningful gaze: "Nahhhhh.", Alec said and shoved his phone back into his pocket, Maia doing the same thing. "What do you think did they want?", Maia asked. "I have no idea. And honestly, I don't care. If it's important, they will call again." And Alec turned out to be right. Minutes after they got to NYABM Maia got a second call. She just went to her room and was about to jump in the shower as her phone vibrated. With a sigh she decided to pick up. "Maia?", Emma asked in panic. "Yes?", she replied, slightly annoyed. "So, Alec told you about the alcohol incident at the midterm party, right?", she asked and Maia frowned- she vaguely remembered something, but nothing too particular. "Kind of?", she said. "Okay, well, we can't reach Alec but we have a problem. We need him here, where is he?", Emma asked. Alec really looked exhausted on their way back and she didn't want to put him in an awkward situation of having to turn down Julian for his own sake- she knew he would take care of everyone else but himself, but he really needed to do that. Jia was counting on him so he couldn't risk any injury, unless he wanted to get caught lying. "He's in physical therapy.", she lied. She could hear Emma sigh: "Well, when is he going to be done? And can you tell him to come to Julians room asap?" "Emma, I have no idea. He just went in there and I doubt he will have any energy afterwards. What's so urgent?", Maia sighed in annoyance. She was starting to freeze in her sweaty training clothes. "So, the day after we were so hungover we didn't show up to class and there Valentine announced a new assignment- he wants us to choreograph a duet and we just found out. It's due tomorrow, we really need your help!" Maia almost choked on her own saliva- were they being serious? "You know Alec's going to kill you when he finds out, right?", Maia said. "Yes, if he helps us anyways that's fine with me. Just please help us.", Emma said. "I'll see what I can do.", Maia said and hung up. She took a shower, changed into sweats and a hoodie and made her way to Alec's room. She was totally looking like a homeless, with her hair in a messy bun and bare face. Alec opened the door after Maia knocking once. "What's up?", he asked, leaning in the door frame wearing nothing but boxershorts. His damp hair was stuck in his face and she could see water drops run down his neck. He clearly just got out of the sower as well. "So, Emma called.", Maia started explaining and told Alec the content of the entire call, not leaving a single detail out. "I can't believe this.", Alec scoffed and started massaging his temples as if he had a headache. "Me neither, honestly. We warned them- how could they be that stupid?", Maia said. "There's a reason athletes don't drink during the season.", Alec replied. "Which also results in us having an alcohol tolerance of a tomato.", Maia added. "Rather the tolerance of a tomato than jeopardizing my whole career by not being able to give 100% during practice.", Alec chuckled and Maia laughed- he was right. "So what do we do now?", Maia asked and Alec sighed- "If we don't want to burn in hell forever we should probably help them out- with minimal effort obviously. We can say I left from physiotherapy, that will justify me just sitting on the sidelines. And you are going to do the same because we literally just came from practice. Then maybe we will be done before Magnus arrives." "Sounds like a plan to me.", Maia said and got up to give Alec some minutes to put on sweats and a shirt as well. Ten minutes later they were knocking on Julians room. "You came!", Emma sighed in relief- she seemed to care a lot more than Julian did. "Let's go downstairs.", Maia announced and everyone followed her without another word. "I could hold you a speech about a million ways why you did was absolutely stupid but knowing damn well you don't listen anywys I am just going to spare myself the time and effort. I have no interest in sitting here all night.", Alec announced and sat dow next to the door. "So, come on. Time is money, get going.", Maia added and sighed- this was going to be a long night.

Hello beautiful people! I know this chapter isn't special, I have just been overwhelmed with schoolwork lately. I hope all of you are doing fine! I am uploading a Malec chapter on Wednesday so stay tuned!                                                                                                                               XOXO, AllyMaii