missing

Heather's pov

"Did she take home the pills?"
"Yes ma'am"
"Were they the poisonous ones?"
"Y-Yes ma'am"
"Are you lying to me?"
"No Ms. Böse, I would never"

I glanced over at Oikawa, he was approaching me, and fast.

"Ok I'll believe you for now." I hung up my phone call and gave all my attention to Oikawa.
"Hi babe miss me?" I said flirtatiously.
"No" he said blandly.

I dropped my act and rolled my eyes in annoyance. "You know you have to start acting like you like me, that was part of the deal"
"You said in front of (Y/N) that's it" he said with annoyance.
"Well guess what, I'm changing the rules. Act like you like me twenty-four seven or else." I threatened.

He crossed his arms and started pouting.
"whatever" he mumbled.
Either way, he doesn't have to like me. As long as it seems like he's in love it'll make (Y/N) miserable. Just like my parents were when they got divorced.

(Y/N) pov

I went home as soon as possible. I knew I wasn't crazy, there's no way.
I ran home not caring about the pain coursing through my body. I got to my front door but, it was locked...
I shook it off and grabbed the key we kept hidden under the mat.
I opened the door and it wasn't exactly how it should've been. For starters, the knife was back inside of the rack, I swung open the closet door but... No one was there, nor a trace of anything.

I remembered my bedroom and rushed up the stairs. My door was completely attached to its hinges, and the lock was completely untouched. And my bed wasn't flipped over at all. Everything was how I left it when I went to school this morning, not a sign of the intruder or anything.
Istarted frantically looking for anything. My volleyball Oikawa gave me, the golden locket, the Aoba Johsai jacket... Anything to prove that I'm not crazy.

I flipped my entire room upside down. As a result, I had a messy room and a broken heart. I started to cry, it was all I could do.
I glanced at the pill bottle that the doctor gave me.

'Should I take them?' 'Am I really crazy?'

I picked them up and threw them in my trash can.
What's the point of taking them? If I really am crazy, I would rather live inside my hallucinations than face reality if it's this brutal. Why should I care what others think if I've already stooped down this low? 

I cleaned up my room and cried myself to sleep, dreading what tomorrow held for me.
🏐🏐🏐

I walked to school like everything was fine. When in reality my mind was overlapping my thoughts.
Maybe I really am crazy...

I suddenly heard Heather's name. I lifted up my head in confusion. I was at school already, I didn't even notice.

"Heather! Over here" the voice said again I looked over and there she was.
She was glowing like an altar. Her smile was so bright as she walked over to... Oikawa.
He looked at her like he was in love. They started talking like they were old friends, like they never broke up...

The heavy feeling in my chest couldn't bear the sight of them anymore so I went to class.
The more I think about it the more insane I actually feel.
🏐🏐🏐

It was finally time for practice. Volleyball was the only thing I actually had. Granted, it reminds me of Oikawa but that didn't matter. I joined the team for myself, not for a boy.

"Ughhh" I sad as I let out an overdue sigh. I looked over at the boy's team, they were setting up on their side as well, it didn't bother me though. If all those moments with Oikawa didn't happen, I might as well forget about ever being with him. My chances are long gone.

I was in the middle of stretching when I heard loud laughter coming from the entrance.
It was Oikawa and Heather, his arm was wrapped around her shoulder and she was gazing at him as if he had saved her or something.
I started to feel cold.
She was wearing the sweater he had given her that night...

I shook my head and looked away, forcing myself to ignore them, but I just couldn't. It made my blood boil, he seemed like he was so happy with her... And she seemed like she truly was an angel.

What made me feel anger soon made me feel depressed. My only outlet was spiking the volleyball, but even then, it couldn't take away this missing feeling.

I'm so lost, I don't know what to do anymore. I just wish that, it wasn't all true.
🏐🏐🏐

A/N: this is the shortest chapter i have ever made, i might do a double upload cause i hate leaving the book on a mini cliffhanger like this, ya know? ... well then, be good people.
-𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚕𝚎𝚢𝚡𝙰𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗