The Promise

Book 1:
https://my.w.tt/IasWsDgnnab

Zuko's POV
After the hundred year war had come to an end, I joined the rest of team avatar and Y/N on a trip to Ba Sing Se to begin plans fo restore the four nations to Harmony.

Whilst Y/N sat with her chin resting in her palm on the stairs, I stood by the map with Avatar Aang and Earth King Kuei as Aang pointed to various locations on the map,

"I never realised the Fire Nation had built so many colonies in the Earth Kingdom."

Earth King Kuei replied,

"For the people of the Earth Kingdom, they are a constant reminder of the war, like an old scar- Oh, I- I- Fire Lord Zuko, I meant nothing personal."

"No, Earth King Kuei, you're right. After all the pain my father has caused, it's my duty to bring healing to the world, I'll remove those colonies. I'll do whatever it takes."

Aang then chimed in,

"But removing the colonies won't be easy, a lot of people's lives are gonna be disrupted. We need someone to oversee everything, to make sure it all goes peacefully- someone like me!"

I smiled,

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Yeah! I'm the avatar, making stuff go peacefully is kind of my thing!"

Sokka, Katara and Toph's conversation ended as they turned to us, but Y/N still sat isolated on the stairs.

Earth King Kuei grinned,

"Wonderful! The avatar's personal involvement will give the entire process an air of hope!"

Katara exclaimed,

"Sokka and I can help!"

He groaned,

"Aw, but I was gonna visit Kyoshi Island."

Earth King Kuei rubbed his chin,

"It'll be a movement, a movement towards harmony... we'll call it... we'll call it..."

Sokka chimed in,

"The harmony restoration movement!"

"Yes! The harmony restoration movement! I like it!"

Toph turned to him,

"What's with you and your goofy nicknames for everything?"

"It's a gift!"

I softly smiled before turning to Y/N and sitting beside her on the steps,

"Hey, is everything okay?"

She snapped her face towards me and quickly replied,

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine! How are you? Is the meeting over?"

"Pretty much, we're gonna head to uncle's tea shop."

"Now?"