Space dad Alfred

This was first being written wen Among Us was still popular

I'm playing Among Us and I was originally going to do a story based on that but I thought space dad Alfred taking care of his small alien child would be better. Also I made that picture on a among us oc maker. Also, also expect some more Space dad Alfred content, all taking place in a different universe.
————————————————————
Alfred F. Jones was a normal human living in one of the United Country's of the Earth's many space colony's. Alfred grow up on his species home planet, unlike what you wold believe it is not a glamorous privilege. The planet was almost completely dead from the work of the human's that lived there before space colonization was available and became easy. One day wen Alfred was 15 all the remaining humans(that the government could find) were evacuated. Normally space travel was pretty expensive and because the humans (such as Alfred and his family) couldn't afford to move leaving them stranded. But for some odd reason they took as many as they could and left, for free. Well it wasn't free there was a 1 dollar per person admissions fee, but it was still a lot cheaper then 10 thousand dollars per person.

The drastic change in lifestyle between Earth and the colony his family and town were moved to was jarring. Firstly back on Earth as long as the kid could read, write and do basic math no one cared if you went to school or not. But school was mandatory on the colony's. On Earth every day was a struggle to survive so at a young age kids learned how to scavenge for food and resources, take care of themselves, and some even got jobs wen they were 7 or 8(though they were manly small jobs that were easy to do, the life threatening jobs wore saved for the adult's). Having three different jobs in your community of 50-90 from the ages of 7 to your death(or vary rarely retirement) was the norm. Wall on the colony you were only aloud to get a job at 15 at the youngest which was also around the time they were tough how to take care of themselves. Yes you would work to the day you get a job to the day you die but retirement was a dream they all had that was possible. Apparently this colony was run by what remained of the American government (now called the counsel of America) and so was were Alfred grow up. He didn't know much about the history of we're he lived other then it was filled with revolutions, corruption, egotism wall at the same time hating your home country(even if you're home country was America), and a lot of convoluted bullshit.

Alfred(even though he wasn't the smartest) ended up getting a pretty good job. He's been living a pretty casual existence for the past 5 years. Alfred doesn't have many friends though, as said before he's not the brightest, has a personality and interests that puts most people off, and has an upbringing that is looked down upon. He's lonely..... but he'll be fine. As his dad always says he's a strong boy!

But a new challenge has made its why into Alfred's life, parenthood.

Now Alfred never expected to be a parent, he wasn't that interested in sex or romance for most of his life. Sure there was the occasional man or woman he was interested in over the years, but he never really attempted anything except the occasional glance at the person he was interested in. But actually dating someone??? He didn't have the time for that.

So wen he was taking a walk through the woods, the last thing he expected was to here a baby crying. It was scary to say the least, finding a small child in the woods. Especially one that was barely old enough to walk. But because of a really weird law that if you find an abandoned child you were now the kids legal guardian he had become the boys parent. Now taking care of Deemer(as he had named the woods baby) was an interesting feat in itself as he 1) was a single parent 2) barely made enough income for the both of them and 3) it didn't take Alfred more then a day to release that the kid was not in fact human.

From the fact that the kids tongue grow to grab things and pull them back into his moth, his teeth could suddenly become like sharks teeth, his eyes would sometimes blink like a reptile's, or the fact that he would(vary calmly) clime Alfred's body and rest on his head and or shoulder (like you would want a Pokémon to if Pokémon wasn't a franchise that was long dead by now). It didn't take a genuine to release that Deemer was a shapeshifting alien(presumably a very young one) trying to take the form of a human infant. Alfred didn't really mind though as the alien ate very little manly eating fruit snack, boiled baby carrots, strawberry's, beff jerky, chicken and shrimp(wen Alfred could afford it). The only things he couldn't digest was dairy and gluten but from the already established diet it wasn't that hard to not have him eat. Though Alfred did keep him away from chocolate, coffee and citrus just in case(as Alfred would later learn wen Deemer got into his supplies of all three he could eat all but citrus, he had an allergic reaction to that, Alfred still thinks it's a miracle Deemer wasn't found out wen he was rushed to the hospital.

All and all things were going pretty smoothly for Alfred and his strange shapeshifter son. As Alfred thought about this wall typing away at his desk one of his coworkers walked up to him. "Alfred cher!" Francis said, Francis original wasn't from the district this colony is in like most of his coworkers on the floor he was on(if Alfred remembers correctly he was from a colony managed the counsel of France). It was odd most of his coworkers only talked to him wen they needed to and Alfred didn't recall them having any projects together recently. "Yes what is it?" "Well I'm having a Christmas celebration this weekend and I was wondering if you would come" this was probably the weirdest thing he had heard all day. Alfred looked around the room and saw some of there coworkers watching. It took Alfred a minute to realize that Francis was just being polite and didn't actually want him to come. So Alfred had to think of a way to politely decline "I'm sorry but I don't think I can" that should do it-"why if I may ask?" Fuck, ok more talking "well I can't offered a babysitter for longer then wen I'm at work so I have to stay home" there was a long moment of silence and Francis had a panicked look on his face as he began speaking "babysitter? I didn't know you had a kid" "yes I do" as Francis went quite again it became quite clear that the entire office was quiet not just Francis, the quiet was practically suffocating.

Without any idea what to do Alfred slowly went back to work. "Your married?" Francis asked(stated? It was hard to tell) Alfred almost choked on his own spit "GOD NO, he's adopted". Francis sighed "alright, that's understandable" there was a long moment of silence as Francis just awkwardly stood there not really doing anything but looking by the water cooler we're Feliciano and his Husband Ludwig we're, Feliciano trying to convey something? To Francis using only body language. "I know!" Francis said, why don't you take your kid with you to the party! I know a few other parents that are going that are doing the same thing." There was a moment of silence. Alfred was at a loss, he had no way of politely declining anymore. It was also kind of weird how desperate he was to get him to come.  "Well I don't see any reason for me decline then, all right sure I'll come" Alfred said ceiling his fate. Francis seemed exited at that "great! I'll email you the address" because yes emails still exist in the space age. Google doesn't though it's a completely different company that runs emails.

The day of the party Alfred stood nervously in front of the door to the house the party was in. Deemer gently patting his face "don't worry papa I will protect you" "that's sweet dear but don't worry, I just have to interact with a bunch of people I'm not close to or are practically strangers" Alfred said giving the child in his arms a reassuring pat on the head. He took a deep breath and knock on the door. It was quickly opened by Francis. Like immediately, like he was stander there waiting for him. "Alfred I'm so glad you could make it! Come in come in" Alfred walked into the house we're a part was clearly taking place. "You must be Alfred's son! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Deemer just started at him blankly. "I'm sorry he's... shy around strangers" "oh no that's completely fine! I just hope you two have fun!" This was going to be a long couple of hours.
————————————————————
🎵🎶~After story notes~ 🎶 🎵

This is the part of the story we're I give you information such as cut content, the next chapter and shit that did indeed happened in the story but I couldn't think of a way to include it!

If it wasn't obvious I was trying to make Alfred seem like the cold and distant coworker that was super hot and everyone wanted to get to know/date. But in actuality is just an socially awkward individual.

As you can probably tell I had little to no plans for this I just want to write and Alfred and he's Alien son. This was supposed to be posted a lot earlier but well... you all know me.

12/11/2021