Chapter 3

'MY BAD. PRINCESSES NEVER SNORE AFTER ALL.'

Within fifteen minutes I reached his usual takeaway and parked the car in the parking lot.

Where the hell is he?

I thought to myself feeling impatient with my gurgling stomach-dropping me constant reminders of 'sit and have your damned lunch first fool!'

Ignoring the voices I started looking for him through the glass wall of the takeaway.

I spotted his huge frame sitting in a corner booth. His eyes were trained on the menu card intently and I could almost imagine his inexplicable euphoria watching the pictures of the junk in the menu.

Just as I was about to enter in, someone called out my name attracting my attention from behind, "Hey, Is that you Elaine?"

Turning around I found some guy who looked around the same age as mine, smiling widely at me.

Uh, do we know each other, sir?

He had blonde hair and was quite tall. His emerald-colored eyes shined a shade lighter in the scorching sunlight as he waved his hand rapidly before walking over to me.

We defo do.

I concluded.

To save myself the embarrassment I smiled and waved back at him trying to hide my awkwardness.

"Hi!"

Just as the words left my mouth the guy's smile dropped and his face now held a look of disbelief rather.

"Do- do you know me?" He sputtered out.

Excuse me!?

"Boy, you- Obviously not!" I exclaimed trying my best to keep my voice low, "How am I suppose to know you, and why the hell are you waving and grinning at random strangers by the way!?"

Call me rude, but right now was definitely not the time to pull such silly stunts on me.

"Err, I do know you! We go to the same school! We're chemistry classmates in fact!" He replied hurriedly, following my little outburst.

"But I was just a little taken aback that you know me too" He continued rubbing the back of his neck nervously

Great. Now I'm supposed to feel like the bad guy here, right?

This is what I hate the most. People treating me like some damned untouchable queen. For sure, I am a queen but in my own world as everyone should! However, that never meant emma gonna eat you alive if you talk to me or something.

Besides, it wouldn't really be that easy for anyone to remember four to five thousand names on a daily basis I guess.

Releasing a quick breath I replied more calmly this time, "I'm sorry for snapping at you...and not recognizing you. Tell me about yourself then."

"Uh, I- 'm Sean." He replied shyly and held out his right hand for me to shake which I shook gladly internally thanking him for keeping it short and not starting with his neanderthals

"Hi, Sean! Nice to meet you." I replied with a smile.

"Same here." He said grinning, "I was just hanging around here, and saw you, then my excitement got the better out of me and I couldn't resist the urge to thank you for what you did for me today."