2

She doesn't sense them behind them, doesn't hear their footsteps, as she's too busy fighting off biters. She does hear her name being shouted. But she's out cold before she could turn around in time.

They had no idea what was going on outside the detention centers walls. They had heard the weird news on the radio, that there was some virus going around that made people violent. The guards seemed nervous, but they still came to work. A few days later, it was said that people were now biting and killing others, and everyone was to stay home. A week later, the guards stopped coming to work. Two weeks later, they heard the final news report. Atlanta had fallen.

The one hundred teens were confused. How could a virus make people kill each other? What was going to happen to them? What did they do? They tried to live normally. They cooked and cleaned, ate and showered. They couldn't go to the courtyard as you needed keys to unlock the gate. So besides that, they lived normally.

A month later, Bellamy Blake turned up.

They were surprised to see him, and ask him what was going on. He explained that people were turning into these, things, and they were killing everyone. Anyone who was bitten, turned.

"What? Like zombies?" a teenager, John Murphy, who had preferred to be called by his last name, scoffed.

"Sure" Bellamy replies. Bellamy explained that the city had evacuated, and was now being overrun by those things.

"What do we do?" someone asked.

"We stay here. We have food, water, showers. Lockable doors and gates. We're surrounded by large fences with barbed wire. We're the safest we'll ever be if we stay here" Clarke Griffin, a blonde girl who had been in solitary confinement for a year before being allowed to be around the other teens, states. She had been in solitary confinement because she knew the real reason why Mayor Jaha had all the teens under age locked up. She knew because her father told her. He had been on the town's council, and was thrown into jail by Jaha, who made up some bullshit to get him locked up. Conspiracy against the Mayor or whatever. She had told Wells, her best friend, the person she had trusted most. And he had gone and told his dad. Jaha couldn't throw Clarke's dad into jail for knowing the real reason the kids were locked up, but he could make up some bullshit to get him locked up. So that's what he did. And a week later, Jake Griffin was found dead in his jail cell.

Suicide. That was the conclusion the doctors had come to. Clarke knew it was a lie.

"If Bellamy stays, he can get to the armory as he has access. So, if we need weapons, we have them". Bellamy did not want to agree with Clarke, he really didn't. but she wasn't wrong, so, there wasn't much he could do. So, he nods.

"We stay here for as long as he can" he states.

The ground beneath Clarke is moving. Why was the ground moving? She groans and shifts, trying to open her eyes. She tries to, to open her eyes, to stay awake. But she just can't.

They didn't stay there for two long. A month, maybe a bit more. Water and food went fast when it wasn't controlled by guards. When it went to one hundred teens and one adult. They had tried to go a run. Finn, nicknamed Joyrider or obvious reasons, went on said run with two others. He came back alone.

"We need to find somewhere else" someone states.

"But we're safe here" someone else huffs.

"Tell that to the two teens" Clarke speaks, head held high. The teens look down or away.

"We leave. We pack what we can, and then we leave. If you want to stay here? Fine, go ahead. But we will be taking food, water, weapons. We will be in a large group. Safety in numbers, right? We'll have enough people to stand watch, or go on runs and actually be safe. But it's your choice. Stay, or go". The teens moved to pack what they could after that. Bellamy didn't like that they had already listen to Clarke twice. But she had also been right those two times. So, he stays quiet.

She hears voices. She can't tell if they belong to her people or not.

They had found a clearing, and claimed it. Clarke thought it would be good, that things would work out. But then the teens started to act like, teens. Something to do with their new found freedom. They didn't seem to care that they were in danger. That they need food or water. Clarke tried to get people to listen. Telling them that they should go on a run. See what's around, get food and water.

"You do it!"

"Let the privilege do it!".

"Yeah!". Clarke had rolled her eyes, wondering if she should remind her that she was locked up too.

She gets to go on the run. Finn comes with her, Finn makes Monty and Jasper go, and Octavia goes because Finn is going.

They find a river, which good news. They can collect it. They can build a fire and purify the water. Maybe they would be ok after all.