Crystal

I grab a bowl of chips and sit in front of the TV. I turn on the news, right where Channie lives. It's the closest I can get to him. I've been doing this for six months, even though I know I'll never see him again.

"We have had quite the tragedy occur right here in our small town, where a young man was found hanging by a rope two nights ago..."

Ugh, poor thing. Must've been terrible for him.

"The young man has been identified as 22 year old Christopher Bang, who had been struggling with depre-"

Crash!

Christopher Bang?

Did she just say Christopher Bang?

I move closer, my legs going numb.

"And with his body was a letter. Apparently, Christopher - more commonly referred to as Chris - had been sending thousands of letters to his dead lover, Crystal Kimberlee, who had disappeared off the east coast half a year ago. This letter, however, was much shorter. He wrote that he would see her soon, and it was clear that his death was no accident. Crystal and Chris had broken up several months ago, after Crystal had cheated on him with Han Jisung, a wealthy and well known businessman..."

Christopher.

Chris.

Channie.

He's... gone?

I watch the photos of him flick past each other, and I see the photo of us at the beach.

Channie. Channie is dead.

I couldn't see anymore. I couldn't hear. I walk out the living room and open my window. With strength I didn't know I had, I ripped the screen off.

Channie. You missed me? You wanted to see me?

I open the window even more, and the U.K. air barely cooled my burning face.

25 stories. Would it be enough?

I'll see you, Channie. I missed you too. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...

The TV noise felt far away, in another world.

I climb out the window and sit on the ledge.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I love you too. I am so sorry.

I take a deep breath.

My last breath.

Ill see you, Channie.

I jump.

I love you.

.....
....
...
..
.