Part 1

"What do you mean I can't get past?" - you asked the tall man in front of you, his hair curly and grey

"You cannot."

"But you're a ghost" - you scoffed, crossing your arms "I can just walk through you"

"You are not permitted to the chambers whilst there is a gathering at the great hall" - the ghost stubbornly stated "You must return to the hall at once or else I'll be obligated to have a word with professor Dumbledore."

"Fine."

As you were about to swivel, you heard a gruff voice shout your name behind you "<___>!"

You glanced over your shoulder, spotting a boy with silky, platinum blonde hair and pale skin walk towards you. His radiant, dove-grey eyes glinting with blue as they were looking for yours "You're out here again? Potter's in the main hall and you will not believe what I'm about to tell you"

"What is it?"

"Potter was accepted into Triwizard tournament. Can you believe that? famous Harry Potter can't go a second without thirsting for glory" - his lip bitterly curled

Your eyes widened "He has? But I thought Dumbledore placed age restrictions"

"Apparently even that idiot can't do his job right."

You chuckled "Maybe Dumbledore needs an extra couple years to wisen up"

"Or extra centuries." - his amiable blue-grey eyes bounced from your grin back to your gaze as his brows narrowed "Why are you here now anyway?"

"I just wanted to leave that room, Draco, you know how I feel in there."

Draco's glance jumped at the ghost behind you "And this one?"

"In my way" - you replied

The male ghost, as if on a rewind tape, repeated "Students must be in the great hall once summoned"

You smirked at Draco "Can you hex ghosts?"

"I haven't tried yet" - he smirked back, pulling his wand out of his robe

A frown quickly fell on the see-through man's face "Don't you dare."

As Draco lifted his wand, you grabbed his hand half way through the flick "Come on, let's just go back to the great hall"

"But--"

"I kind of think it'll be fun to see Harry struggle with the Triwizard tournament" - you lowered his hand and he returned his wand back into his robe as he listened to you "These events are known to be fatal"

"I'll be surprised if he lasts ten minutes" - Draco uttered as the two of you walked along the narrow corridor, leaving the ghost behind you gliding between distant corners.

"Do you know what a Triwizard tournament means, Draco?"

"Stupid eternal fame"

You shook your head "Means there'll be an annual ball"

Draco felt his chest suddenly tighten "Right."

You felt your voice raise higher, as if you were suddenly happy "I have false hope that the boy I like will ask me, you know."

Confused, Draco spat "I didn't know you like someone"

You shoved your hands into your robe's pockets "Or do you think Fred is too old for me?"

"Fred?" - Draco asked, his voice quivering as if he was shocked "You mean Fred Weasley? I didn't know you like vagrants."

"Cedric Diggory is pretty cute" - you nudged his elbow "And I think his friend fancies you, Cho Chang was it?"

"Cho fancies Potter" - Draco frowned "Did you know Cedric was also picked as a champion?"

"Huh? But that's impossible, you can't have two competitors from the same school"

"I know." - Said Draco "That's what you get when all-famous Potter comes along. Me and Crabbe will be making 'support Cedric' badges if you want to join in"

"Support badges? Sounds kind of you."

"We'll enchant it to spell out 'Potter stinks' in a loop"

"That's the Draco I know" - you giggled "You have a weird obsession with that boy"

"I do not!"

"Denials, denials" - you teased him

"I'll tell Weasley you fancy him"

"And then I'll tell everyone you have a diary"

"I don't have a diary!" - he grimaced, honestly confused

"But no-one else knows that" - you deviously smirked "Besides, Cedric might be available instead." - you quickly frowned "All though I don't think he knows I exist"

Draco remained silent for a bit before declaring with a proud smirk on his face "If everything fails I might as well have to take you myself. To avoid embarrassment I mean."

"Embarrassment?"

"For you turning up alone."

Your eyebrow flinched "You'd want to go with me?"

He shrugged "Just a thought"

"Thought you'd be taking Pansy what's-her-face"

"Still not getting along?"

You glared at him sharply "You still not getting along with Harry?"

"Potter is a lot worse" - Draco sneered

"But Pansy is just annoying. Did you know she tried to jinx me the other day?"

"She did?"

"Yeah. Mentioned something about me having a crush on you or whatever and--"

"Me?" - Draco's voice suddenly trembled

"Yeah, I know, right? That's mad. I've known you since you got off that train looking like your hair was licked by a horse--"

"Hey."

"And your voice like my mother's--"

"Enough"

You laughed, nudging him with your elbow again "You've been my friend for a while now." - Once you approached the great hall, you twirled in front of him, trekking backwards "See you at the end of this" - you rolled your eyes at him in exaggeration, as if you were about to go under supreme torture

Draco nodded, splitting into the other side of the hall as the word you just said rewinded in his head:

Friend.

-----

Feel free to criticize this (honestly, I probably need it), feedback helps me a lot as a writer and I am still feeling unsure about the content of this story <3 Love you guys still