Part 12

The day after Henry and I found out about my pregnancy, I scheduled my first appointment with my obstetrician. We're finally going to see our baby! I'm so excited for today. But also so scared.

I just want the baby to be healthy, for everything to be ok with us. That's all I'm asking. I know it sounds like I'm being negative, but I'm not. I'm so goddamn happy that I'm equally terrified of it all going wrong.

I seriously couldn't wait to finally see the growing ball of sunshine in my tummy. And Henry was ecstatic too. I love seeing him like this. There's a special sparkle in his eyes all the time, and always a soft, gentle smile on his face. His whole body radiates happiness.

I can't stop the smile from forming on my lips once that thought crosses my mind. I'm currently cooking breakfast, some scrambled eggs and toast, obviously a cup of coffee, for me and Henry. He's been staying over lately. Basically, he pretty much lives at my house now. And, to be honest, I like it this way.

"Those eggs must be telling you some amazing jokes." Henry jokes as he wraps his arms around my midsection from behind, planting a few kisses on my cheek.

"I'm just happy, Henry." I reply simply, feeling emotional. Feeling the warmth of his body against mine makes me feel the most safe and alive I've ever been.

He turns my body gently so I'm facing him, then he cups my face with his hand. "I'm happy too, love. So happy." He whispers, leaning in and kissing me deeply for a couple of seconds, before I cut him off.

"Henry, the eggs!" I chuckle, pushing him away and getting out of his grasp. He puts his hands up as if he wasn't doing anything, chuckling too.

I switch the stove off and get the eggs and toasts on our respective plates, as he sets the rest of the table and sits down, waiting patiently for me.

"Here." I say as I set the plates down. He mumbles a soft thank you and he dives into his dish and coffee.

I start eating as well, a comfortable silence surrounding us. But some time later, I notice he's completely lost in thought. His gaze is focused on the cup of coffee, I think? And it says that way for a few minutes. I try to read him, study his features, but I can't figure it out.

"Henry? Baby?" I call him out gently, cupping his hand with my smaller one. Once we touch, he finally snaps out of it and locks his gaze with mine. "Everything ok?"

"Yeah. Yeah." He clears his throat, putting a smile on his face. "I just... I want to ask you something... Or suggest something to you. But I don't know how to put it."

"Just say it, Henry. Whatever it is, we'll talk it through and work it out." I smile, tugging on his hand for support. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared shitless of what he's going to say, but I kind of have a feeling that it's not a bad thing. Call it sixth sense, a hunch or whatever.

"I want you to know that I'm putting my house on the market." He informs simply, watching the new information settle in my features and reading my reaction intently. I thought he loved his house, it held so many important memories to him. I never thought he'd want to sell it.

"Oookay." I reply with a somewhat confused smile. "So, you want to move in? With me?" I ask him, still genuinely confused, urging him to continue.

"No." He replies simply. My face falls instantly, and he notices that quickly. "I mean yes. Just not here." He adds, trying to be clearer about what he meant, but I'm more confused than ever. "Look, I love my house. And I know you love your house too. But our family is growing and I love you guys, so much." He explains slowly as if taking his time for me to follow his line of thought. "I want to start over, in a new place, with you and our baby. Make new memories, our memories."

"You mean... you want to buy a house?" I ask, still trying to make sense of what I just heard, and he nods, confirming. "For us?" He nods again.

I know I sound stupid, but I just never thought about buying a whole new house. We're pretty much living together now, so I didn't even think about it. And like I said, I never even thought he'd want to sell his own house. But now... hearing this, I'm feeling emotional. Our family. Me, Henry and our baby. My family.

"Baby, it's ok if you don't want to do this right now, we can just postpone this and talk about it some other time." Henry explains soothingly, now being his turn to caress my hand.

"No, I want to. I'm just overwhelmed, I'm sorry. This baby is already kicking mama's ass." I giggle through the tears. He plants a kiss on my forehead, and I can feel his smile against my skin. "But yeah, let's list our houses and find our home."

"Really?" He asks just wanting to make sure he heard me right, so I nod effusively. "Oh my God, I love you so much." He whispers as he kneels down next to my chair, and wraps his arms around me.

I'm still sitting so he rests his head against my chest, hugging me tight. "I love you too, Henry." I run my fingers through his curly hair, pressing light kisses into it. I don't think it's possible to be happier than I am right now. This is more than I ever wished for, more than I could ever ask for.

"I love when you cuddle me, love, but we need to go get ready, or we're going to be late." He pulls back and gets up, then helps me up as well. "And you know mommy and daddy are eager to meet this baby." He smiles widely, caressing my small baby bump.

"Yes, they are." I agree, covering his hand with mine, feeling emotional all over again. Damn hormones. "We love you so much already."

"We really do." Henry adds, with emotion in his features as well. "Now, let's go, love! Move, move! Dr. Barrett is expecting us at 9:00AM and it's already 8:15AM."

I laugh at his nervous and energetic state. It's really adorable. "Henry, we take literally 15 minutes to get to the clinic. We're going to be on time."

"I know, I'm just making sure." He shrugs it off, a grin in his face as he takes his jeans out of the closet.

Mirroring his grin, I pick up my clothes as well. I just can't get the smile off my face. I'm smiling all the time.

Ten minutes later, I'm almost finished with getting ready when Henry calls me up. "Babeeeeee! We need to go!"

"I'm coming!" I chuckle as I take a glance in the mirror, then looking down at my bump. "God, I can't wait to see your daddy's reaction when it's time for you to be born."

In less than 30 minutes, we'd be seeing our baby for the very first time. We can't wait.

Part 13???

Give me feedback???