🅴🅿︎ 🅴🅻🅴🆅🅴🅽 🅱️

Kinsley's POV

Sitting in the back of the car with my parents in the front just saying nothing is making me feel very anxious. Nervous even because I don't know what to expect from them. Yesterday, I just couldn't go home and face my parents---lying about where I was and what I was doing. Just thinking of it was enough torment for me and having them question me probably would've caused a breakdown. Thanks to a talk with Uncle M and madrina, I feel much better and a little more eased.

They assured that I should no feel no pressure when talking to my parents of any of the adults in the family because we're tight-knit. We all have each other's backs.

"Lee, you know we gotta talk about this right?", I looked up at dad as he eyed me through the rear-view. I just nodded as mama turned around in his seat so he could see me.

"Flower, we didn't know where you were and it was late. Too late and past the time that we asked you guys to come home from school. It's dangerous for you guys to be out alone especially since we have a target on our backs. Do you have any idea what may have happened to you if you didn't make it to Raini's house?", mama softly asserted yet with a firm voice.

"I wasn't thinking at the time but no. And it shouldn't be an excuse but I---", I couldn't go on. If I told anything...it's too much to just bear and release like that. I feel like this situation would get harder with my hesitation on what I just said. They may be keeping a cool demeanor on the outside but I know my parents like they know me. They're extremely and I can feel it.

"But you what Kinsley? Speak up and say exactly why you didn't come home and at eleven at night, we get a call from your uncle saying you spending the night. Why didn't you come straight home from school with your brother and sister like we told you to and I want the truth," dad sternly said as we parked in the driveway of our home.

Everyone feared this side of my dad, when he got upset like this. He blows up to an extreme but it was always for good reasons. He's one of the only men I'm not scared of. He cares for mine and my siblings' wellbeing and his number one thing in life is to make sure we're safe. It's nothing but understandable if he's furious about this---both of them. Especially since they don't know of the circumstance I'm in. To them, it could just look like I'm disobeying the rules unless they picked up on anything. I wouldn't doubt the second either.

"I went out with a friend, I'm sorry."

"Kinsley...dear. I'm upset right now and I try my hardest to stay the nicest and calm parent I can be. The difference between your father and I are big when it comes to how we parent you. However it is becoming real slim in this moment. So I ask of you to try again to tell the truth, lying is not what you do and we surely haven't raised any of you to do that," mama said as I watched him squeeze my dad's hand, keeping his composure.

I stuttered and just couldn't do anything but start to cry. Mama and dad began to speak back and forth as dad got out the car, me hearing the doors lock. He climbed in the back seat holding me.

My head was turned up and I stared ahead at him with glossy eyes, "I want this to be completely different from what I'm figuring in my head right now. My beautiful and sweet girl, I'm here for you and I'm telling you that if you speak to me---I'll listen. And I will do everything I can make sure you won't be hurt again. The night you came in, you looked so scared out of your mind. From that moment on your bright energy has dwindled and if you haven't known by now, I know everything about you guys! I know enough to see that my daughter is not happy and is fearful of something. I promise if you tell me I can make it go away just as quick as it came," a tear slipped down his eye as I wiped it leaning into his chest.