Chapter 12

Hey readers! Thank you so much for 200 reads! It means so much to me, i appreciate you all! One of my best friends hasn't even watched Harry Potter! She hasn't read the books, nothing. Therefore we have been going back to my house so we can watch the movies. Haha, it's been fun.

1288 words

Harry's POV

Last night, Ron, Hermione and I went to search for Melissa but we couldn't find her. She was honestly no where to be seen. We all went to bed but I couldn't sleep because I was worried sick about her. The next morning Hermione said that she disappeared and never came to the dorm last night. Hermione said she waited but she eventually fell asleep. I told the others how this was really strange and how we should go to see Professor Dumbledore. He needs to be aware that she's missing. I miss her.. so much. We were all in the common room discussing on how we should handle the situation. Just then.. the portrait door swings open and it's her; Melissa. I run to her immediately and pull her in for a massive hug. "You had me so worried, are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? You haven't eaten have you? Let me get you some food." I didn't realise I was rambling all along until she interrupted me. "Harry! I'm fine, you guys shouldn't have been worried. I was just out and I got lost." Something tells me that she's not telling me the whole truth.. she's concealing something from me. Maybe she just doesn't want to say but I want to be there for her. She then hugs Hermione and Ron but before she goes down for breakfast she runs upstairs to change into her robes. Whilst she's changing I decide to tell Hermione and Ron something "guys.. you go to breakfast, I want to talk to Melissa." They nod at me and wave goodbye. I think Hermione might feel awkward going with just Ron because she doesn't really talk to us. Hermione isn't really my friend, yet. They both exit the common room and a few moments later Melissa comes running down the stairs, she looks beautiful. I smile at her whilst she looks at me with a frown. "Where are Hermione and Ron?" She asks with that cute puzzled look on her face. "I told them to go without us, I wanted to talk to you. What actually happened Melissa?" She sighs and takes a seat on the couch, she gestures for me to do the same which I obliged. "Well I did talk to my father.. told him off for treating you the way he did and I uh.. asked about my mother. You see, I don't know what happened to my mother.. I know that she died when I was very young but that was all my father told me. You see uh.. when the sorting hat was placed on me. It told me that I could be a ravenclaw like my mother so of course I was confused because my father never told me she went here. Then when I confronted him, he said she did go here and they met in first year. They fell in love and that's it. I know nothing more than that. My father shouted at me and said he's keeping information to himself to keep me safe and he called me ignorant. He also said I shouldn't pester him anymore. So that's that. After that I ran out and I just needed some time by myself." Wow.. I have no clue what to say.. some part of me wants to punch her dad for calling her ignorant. "Melissa.. I'm so sorry, about your mother, what your father said about you.. what he told you. You're not ignorant Melissa, you're kind, beautiful, unbelievably caring, brave, smart and the list goes on.. you had a right to know, you're her daughter. Just know that I am always here for you and you can always talk to me.. just please never go wonder by yourself again." Melissa looks like she's about to cry.. she looks like she hasn't slept at all last night. The devastation on her face when she was informing me about the events of last night broke me, they made me weak. Out of instinct I pulled her in for a long overdue hug, she cried on my shoulder and I held her for a moment. In that moment, I felt the same pain as her, in that moment I felt complete. Like she was the only thing that mattered. After what felt like forever, she pulled away and wiped her tears. She muttered a sorry which angered me in the slightest. "Don't be sorry, you're allowed to cry Melissa, it's human." Her lips form a smile and her hair glowed against the sunlight. "Do you really mean what you said earlier? About me being kind and all of the other words." I held her hand and put our foreheads together. "I meant every word Melissa."

Narrative's POV

Harry was so sweet, so kind, so considerate. Melissa gazed into his green eyes, they were patronising.. they had a pure look of concern in them. Melissa smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder. "When did our lives get so difficult?" She asked the boy with circled glasses as she rested so peacefully on his shoulder, like she was a part of him, like she was the missing piece, like she was meant to be there. "I think it was when we received letters from this place." The pair of them just sat there in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Until Melissa decided that she would join Hermione and Ron, besides she couldn't let Hermione suffer for too long.. Melissa lifted her head from Harry's shoulder, immediately missing the comfort. "Uh.. we should probably join Ron and Hermione." Harry simply nodded and the pair stood up; they walked out of the common room together whilst having a conversation about the day ahead of them..

SKIP FORWARD TO THE DAY OF HALLOWEEN..

Melissa's POV

I haven't said a word to my father since he shouted at me and he's being too stubborn to apologise.. actually that may be a bit of a lie. You see.. he's tried to talk to me but I've avoided him, I wasn't ready to accept an apology but today I will. I will hear him out, at least I think, besides my friends think that it's the best thing for me to do.. I just hope they are correct. I had just had breakfast with Harry and Ron however Hermione didn't join us.. actually she hasn't been joining us for a while.. I think she feels awkward to be around Harry and Ron. I informed them about this.. they need to let her in because after all she's a great friend. She's someone I can rely on. When I left the pair, Ron was too busy with his food to notice Harry and I have exchanged goodbyes. I tried to say goodbye to Ron but he was far more interested in his food.. oh well.. let him be.. I was now on a mission to find my father. I have been looking for ages, he's nowhere to be seen. It's as if he doesn't want to talk to me.. I hope that's not the case. As I was walking down the corridor my father rushed into his classroom. Despite my best efforts to push people out the way, I couldn't reach him. Ugh this is impossible I kept telling myself.. When i finally reached the classroom he had disappeared.. weird.. as I turned around to walk away; there he was.. standing right in front of me or should I say behind. He startled me.. god he's scary when he sneaks up on people! The room was silent.. I could feel the tension rising up in the air. Who knows what words will be exchanged..