8. Patience

I wake from my queer dream and sit up straight so I can look around. I still am in the bed, but now I can see clearer. I notice some beautiful red roses, brightening up the balcony, like a wall of fire. Yellow, green, and blue accompany the balcony, making it form a hidden picture. It lies upon a cream white wood balcony, with magnificent cravens of butterflies, bunnies, and chipmunks in hundreds of adorable poses. I was just sleeping; the last thing I remember was I talking to the green Fairy, then I find myself in a dream.

I speak aloud, "Where am I, I'm I dead?" A rustling sound emerges from the flowers. In fear of danger, I spring out of the bed and look for a weapon. I am stripped of my weapons and find nothing to use, but the flowers instead form into a plant with a mouth and eyes. It says aloud, "Yes and no." "Are you alive, what are you, and what do you mean by yes and no", I blurted out in response. "That I do not have the answer to, but all I can say is that you are in the Dream World," it replies to me. "Also yes I am alive, for I am I the Babbling Vegetation. The Pure Elves talk to me about the current events such as your case. Sadly I am none the wiser." " I thought that only both Pure and Tainted Elves can enter into the Dream World," I say flabbergasted. "Indeed but in this case one of the Pure Elves brought you and the Dwarf into the Dream World for reasons unknown to me and thousands of other Pure Elves; for we have never brought an outsider in here, especially not a Dwarf." "Do you know of anyone aware of the situation?" "Yes, but I was told for you to wait here for fear you might get lost. It is home to the largest city in A'Hearn." " Bah, I will find my way; I think that you are exaggerating. I mean it can't be that big." I turn my back to the annoying flowers and move to the green and triangle-like wooden door. "Well I warned you, but now you've gone and done it. You know I am not as innocent as you might think; I can be dangerous at times. I can, I can..." it began to stutter. "You can, you can... what, prickle me to death, nonsense. I wish to know what has become of my friend and I demand answers. I am going to walk out this door and you won't dare try to stop me" I spat back in its face.

As I turned to face the door, the Babbling Vegetation started making a fuss. Annoyed I turn right round to see a green Pure Elf, with roots for legs and red, blue, green, yellow flowers decorate it from head to toe. Its root-like arms swayed to the wind. It showed no face and said no words, as it raised one arm to show off its thick and thorny bark. It flexed its index finger toward the bed and said nothing more. As I walked back to the bed, I saw the Babbling Vegetation snicker at me. It spoke, "Hey I warned you. I guess it was a good idea for the Guise to watch you." " Who or what are the Guise, you little weed," I said in a disgusted tone. "Well who spit in your tea today? Therefore, no manners accompany you, now I am very confused as to why you were brought here. You seem interested to know that the Guise is a type of Pure Elf who hides anywhere can by simply mocking the desired object. There are at least four or more, just in the room with us. They were born with no mouth nor express or feel emotions. They are lackeys if one were to be so crude." " Well for how long do you suppose I wait here?" The Guise pushed me onto the bed. "I don't recall how long you are to be confined to this room. Just try to be patient with us for a bit, ok chum?"