Chapter III

(Where the store is in the back with the truck in front of it is where Delilah comes from)

We got up the hill after a bit. It took some time for Nick and Coach to climb up it because they are older than the rest of us. We stopped for a moment after we climbed up the hill to rest. Then a Spitter said no to that and we had to run away from the area which was fine. We kept walking and I kept listening to Ellis' stories. They were just so interesting to me.

We got to the car and I hugged Ellis. "Thanks for not hurting me Ellis, same to you Rochelle and Coach." I said smiling at them. Nick looked at me and I gave him a hug. "And thank you for not killing me either." I said smiling.

"Whatever sweetie." Nick said. I let him go and looked at Ellis. "I guess this is goodbye. I hope you have fun and that you're safe. Please find a way to get to us." Ellis said. "I'll send a letter to New Orleans hopefully you'll get it." I said smiling.

I walked over to the car and got in it. I waved goodbye to them and turned the car around heading back towards Savannah. On my way there I had lost the car due to a Tank attacking me. Luckily I killed it. I was so tired from running and walking that when I reached a bridge that I saw three people on, I fell down.

"Don't shoot me! I'm human!" I shouted at them before everything went black. When I woke up I saw I was on the upper part of the bridge with one of the men laying beside me. He had a bad cut on his leg. "What happened..?" I asked looking around.

A girl with white skin, black hair and eyes with a red hoodie and blue jeans came into the room with some biker looking dude. "Hey.. I'm Zoey and this is Francis. That man laying beside you is Louis, he's the one who said we should save you." Zoey said.

"Thank you... I came from whispering oaks after meeting a boy named Ellis." "Ellis? They left here a week ago. Why did you come back?" Francis asked. "What's going on now? Oh you're awake." I heard another voice say. I looked over beside me and saw the man named Louis looking at me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but what's your name?" "It's Delilah." I said looking at Zoey. "That's a lovely name. So where are you heading?" Louis asked me. "I'm trying to figure out what I am. I don't know if I'm a zombie or a human. I feel mostly human, but I look like a zombie." I said softly.

"Oh.. We don't know how to help with that, but I have to ask, how did you get here without being attacked?" Louis asked. "I made it just outside this area about a mile with the car Ellis used and then a tank attacked me. I managed to kill it and get away." I said softly.

"Well we're glad you're safe." Zoey said softly. "So how did that asshole in a suit not kill you?" Francis asked. "Ellis stopped him from shooting me." I said looking at him. Zoey tossed me an apple. I took a bite of it and talked with them.