A New Friend

"Damnit!"

A loud yell came from a girl with long blue hair and pretty bright blue eyes. The Ultimate Pop Sensation; Sayaka Maizono.

Who has just recently died.

"Damnit! Why me..?" She exclaimed with a more than upset look on her face. Her eyes started to water with painful tears of regret. She only tried to kill Leon, The Ultimate Baseball Star, so she could see her bandmates again. But alas, not all things work out in the end.

When she died, not only did she wake up in a clouded area, but she gained all of her memories back. She remembers the group photos at school, swimming in the pool, the dorms- all of it.

She also remembers Junko Ennoshima.

That weird, twisted girl who always talked about despair. Her twin sister, Mukuro Ikusaba, always close to her like a lost puppy.

And then remembers the sad case of class 77-B.

That poor girl Chiaki Nanami. The Ultimate Gamer. The girl who died in the hands of Junko Ennoshima.

Sayaka looked at her surroundings again. She noticed that the clouded area has tints of a soft yellow and pink hidden in the clouds, telling her that the sun is starting to rise. She also noticed that there were clouds all around her.

Literally.

The floors were made of clouds that looked very compact together. Seeing that she's been crouched on the floor for a while now, they seem pretty durable. The walls were also made of clouds that looked soft to the touch.

But Sayaka could honestly care less about the pretty scenery.

She just wants to see her bandmates, her family, her friends. Hell, seeing her fans would be great.

Her thoughts had clouded her head so much, she didn't notice the large brown door that's like 6 feet away from her- oh?

Never mind that thought. She noticed the door now.

Sayaka finally noticed the large door in front of her. And she was pretty intimidated by the door too—seeing how tall it is.

"Maybe... if I walk through... I could see them again? But then again, it IS a random door. Maybe this is all a hoax and I'm not dead at all! This is all just a dream and I'm going to wake up!" She finally got up off the floor and now has a sudden burst of energy. And with that energy, she power walked to the door.

"Yeah! This is all just a horrible nightmare. As soon as I walk through this door, I'll be awake. There is no Hope's Peak Academy! There isn't any despair in the world! There is no Junko Enoshima!"

She put her hands on the handle. Before she could let out another word about everything crazy happening to her is just a lie, she heard music. It was very faint—she almost missed it since she was shouting so much—and that put her whole body on pause.

It kinda sounded like Tetris.

"...What the hell?"

Nobody she knew played games. So, why the hell is she hearing game music? Is this a prank? Nobody even plays Tetris anymore. It's a pretty outdated game (that's what Sayaka thought anyways.) and it's honestly quite boring after a while.

Before she could get deeper in her thoughts, she tightened her grip on the door and forced it open.

The door had led her into a large room. Everything was still made up of clouds though. Chairs, tables, that large TV that has Tetris playing on it, a couch, the lamp, the ceiling-

Wait what?

Sayaka took another glance at the TV screen. Tetris was in fact playing on screen. And it seemed to be on pause too. But who could be playing Tetris right now? Sayaka didn't see anyone around or even evidence that there is someone around- oh? What's that sound?

Sayaka looked away from the screen and noticed the bathroom sign. The sound came from a toilet flushing and a faucet running water. Then, out stepped a girl with light pink hair pink eyes. She's wearing a green jacket, a light brown skirt, and a white button up dress shirt. She also looked very tired and dazed.

Chiaki Nanami. The Ultimate Gamer. The girl who died in the hands of Junko.

"Oh? Hello..." Sayaka almost didn't catch what she said because of how soft spoken she is. So quiet, relaxing, and peaceful.

Sayaka didn't like that.

She didn't like how any of this was playing out in front of her. And she didn't like how long it was taking her to speak.

"Chiaki... Nanami, right?" Sayaka finally processed what is happening around her. A small yawn then came from Chiaki. "Yep." Again, Sayaka almost missed what she said. The girl needs to put some bass in her voice or something.

"So I am dead? This isn't a dream? Hope's Peak Academy is a school? Junko Ennoshima does exist?! You're dead?! Am I going crazy? This is all a hoax I-" "You're too loud..." Sayaka looked up at Chiaki again. She still looked a bit dazed but she seemed to be waking up more because of Sayaka's outburst.

"What?..." "I'm sorry. Your voice just kept getting higher... and you were kinda screaming. You were going off about this being a dream or something? I'm sorry to break this down to you but.. this isn't a dream. I think."

The look of pure fear Sayaka gave Chiaki made the poor girl flinch.

"Uh, let's see..." Chiaki then started breaking down everything she knows. "Well, I died and have been dead for a while now... when I first came here, I was alone. Nobody was here. Just this set up you see now. I'm positive that you died as well just recently since I don't remember seeing you here before..."

"So... I am dead?" Her voice cracking. She was on the verge of screaming. She lost her family, her bandmates, her friends-

Friends.

Sayaka Maizono lost the only person she trusted in that killing game.

Makoto Naegi. The person she tried to frame for murder. If she never tried to commit that murder against Leon, she wouldn't be here now. She regrets it all.

Chiaki watched as Sayaka started sobbing in front of her. She's not really used to comforting people but she'll try her best to help this poor girl. She puffed her cheeks a bit and started walking towards her.

Chiaki then embraced her, holding Sayaka tightly. "It's okay. It's all gonna be okay..." "How can it be okay? I tried to frame Makoto and I attempted murder! It's not okay... I lost all of my friends." she muffled in Chiaki's arm. Chiaki went silent for a bit, then spoke even softer than she already did. "I'll be your friend. It's really lonely up here. Nobody to talk to or play games with. It'll be nice to finally have someone to talk to again."

Sayaka looked up at Chiaki. Still looking a bit tired, but she had a small smile on her face. A friend, huh? Sayaka would like that.

A bit hesitant on her offer, she finally spoke after staring at Chiaki for so long.

"Okay... let's be friends." "Great, I need a new person to play me in Mario Kart anyways."
-
Heyyyyyy so this is my first fic I actually want to try hard on. So deepest apologies that this is a literal heap of dumpster fire :D. This story will go from cutesy and happy and pretty funny to very much saddening and upsetting because emotional shit go BRRRRR.

I also don't know what ships I'll be adding really seeing that it isn't really relevant to the story so drop some suggestions! But I'm definitely adding Ikuzono in this because that ship is really cute but it's 100% okay if you don't ship it :))

Idk how long I'll keep this up seeing that I have school and grades to maintain so let's see how far we'll go! Uh,, stay clear of coronavirus and drink your water.

Okay bye✨.