Chapter 3: Do We Have to Go?

Lucifer woke first and looked over at his detective.  She was snoring, of course.  It was adorable.  Trixie was with Dan so Chloe had followed Lucifer home after their work on their current case.  They spent the night dancing at Lux and made love before falling into a deep slumber.  As they often do, they had both awakened and made love again last night and she must have grabbed his shirt after and put it on.  He loved seeing her in his shirts.  He loves seeing her in anything or nothing at all.  His detective. 

"I seem to always wake up with you staring at me.  I must really snore and no, I do not need you to confirm that," Chloe said as she kissed him.  "Do we have to go?"

Lucifer tilted his head and started to answer her but she interrupted.

"Of course we do.  I am nervous, Lucifer, and I dreamed the weirdest dreams about it."

"What kind of dreams?"  he asked as he pulled her into his arms.

"My dad was there.  He told me this was important and that you needed closure.  He said that we were lucky because we had such a good relationship that it carried into eternity but that you and your dad were so empty without that.  He said that he was proud of me and that he was glad I had found you.  I thought that was strange."

"Strange?" Lucifer asked.

"Well, I am his little girl.  His Monkey.  And you are the devil," Chloe said not really thinking.  Lucifer looked to be concerned about her thought process so she continued.

"But then you are an angel.  The light bringer and he had so much light behind him and everything was so peaceful."

"Hmmm," Lucifer said.  

"Hmmm?"

Lucifer looked at her blue eyes and wanted to reassure her that this was not a manipulation by his father.  Of course he could not lie.  Really, he was not sure.  

"Maybe we should ask my dear old dad about it tonight," Lucifer said as he got up to head toward the shower.  

Chloe watched him go and knew he was running away a little bit.  She smiled because he would always keep her on her toes.  She could hear the water start and knew she had time to process her dream or she could go join him.  Smiling, there really was only one answer.

They both stepped out of their shower only to hear her phone ringing.  Lucifer watched his love's face change into the woman begging him to take her just 45 minutes ago back into the serious detective.  There must be another murder.  That should take their minds off of tonight.  At least somewhat.

"That was Ella.  She said there is something we need to see," Chloe said as she was putting on her clothes from last night.  "I need to run home and change and then get to the precinct."

Lucifer nodded as he started to put his pants on.  He had been dressing as she was talking knowing that she would need to get things together before getting to the scene.  

"Lucifer?" he heard her say.

"Maybe we should call Linda and Amenadiel and see what we need to bring tonight."

Leave it to the detective to worry about that right now.  He just wanted to tell his brother thanks but no thanks on this little celestial reunion.  

"Whiskey.  Lots of Whiskey."

Chloe loved that shirt on him.  I think he calls Indigo and he looks so sexy in it.  She wants to just strip it right back off.  Watching him tense a little talking about tonight makes that even more of a feeling to get him to relax.  She walks back to where he is and puts her hand behind his head and brings it down so his lips meet hers.  They kiss for a few seconds before pulling back to look at one another.

"Together, Lucifer.  We can face anything together."

Meeting Ella in the lab, she gave Chloe a big hug telling she was glad she was safe.  Her eyes were so sad but Ella had answered the call when the precinct needed her after just taking a week to process things.  She and the Detective discussed some findings about a case that Ella knew and Chloe every now and then watched Ella tear up and then beat it back with her brave face.  Chloe was intrigued but Lucifer really could not concentrate.  Their meeting with his father was only a few hours away.  Amenadiel was texting him anxious, as well.  Bloody phones keeping them in touch just made things worse.  

Linda was going crazy, Amenadiel said.  She had ordered food because she was not going to cook for God.  Lucifer had thought this whole dinner thing was overdoing it and they could eat pop tarts for all he cared.  Why make this seem normal?  It was a bloody mess.

"Lucifer?"

He looked up to see Chloe and Ella studying him.  He smiled at them both.  "Just texting my brother."  

"Tell Amenadiel I said hi," Ella said.

Just then Dan comes in and hands Ella some more paperwork.

"Uhh Dan, I forgot to ask you if Trixie could stay with you again tonight.  Lucifer and I have something we must attend to and cannot get out of it."

"Only because you won't let us," Lucifer mutters, which causes Chloe to give him a look.

"If not, I will take her!  I love Trixie," Ella said.

Lucifer looked at Ella and had always known why Rae Rae loved her so.  She was full of light and energy and Rae Rae dealt with all the sadness in this world.  That light helped Azrael continue to do her job.

"Ella, are you sure?  I know Trixie would love that but I know you also might want to be alone."

"Yes, the urchin does enjoy your company very much."

"No, she will be a welcome distraction and let me get back to normal quicker.  It is settled.  Trix is staying with me tonight if it is okay with Dan," said Ella.  Dan knew that Trixie would love to stay with Ella and kill him if he said no so he agreed before heading back out to his desk.  He still wasn't okay with Lucifer being the devil and did not stick around when he was present.

"So, you guys, what is going on tonight?  Anything good?" Ella asks.

"Yes we are meeting my father, God, for dinner," Lucifer says.  "Last week, he came down from Heaven and sent my twin and Maze away for being bad and then invited himself to my brother's house.  We are all meeting there tonight.  It is going to be a bloody angel fest with the devil crashing."

Ella smiled and gave Lucifer a hug.  "You are incredible at this, Lucifer.  I keep telling people about how good you are with this character that they will believe everything you say.  Thank you for helping me smile today."  For once he hugged her back willingly because he knew what she had been through and how she had still helped the Detective.

"Well I do not lie, Ella.  I am the devil," Lucifer says with a smile.  "And my father is God and will be at dinner tonight to meet Chloe and Charlie."

Ella smiles and rolls her eyes as she starts to exit the lab.  "Okay you guys have fun meeting God.  Man that is the best euphemism ever!  You are a lucky woman, Decker, if that is his goal tonight."

Lucifer walked over to where Chloe stood and whispered in her ear.  "Just for clarification, my goal is to hear you scream my name each night."

Chloe shivered feeling him so close and thinking about how very much she does love to yell his name.  "Mmm, we will have to work toward that a little later tonight but we need to get this work done so we can head to our appointment."

Lucifer frowned at that.  He would much rather just take her home and keep her in bed until the sun rises again.  Chloe was set on doing this and he could deny her nothing.  She looked at him with her striking blue eyes and he melted.  He still needed the whiskey, though.  Lots of whiskey.

A few hours later, and Lucifer and Chloe head to Linda's.  They are arriving early to get settled and calm Linda down.  Not sure Chloe or Lucifer are the best people to do that but it is what it is.  Lucifer had loaded his flask and brought more because he knew he was going to need it.