𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

━━𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞━━

━━━━━

A girl with shining white hair lay on the grass. Her purple eyes stared upwards, observing the morning sky. The flowers around her bloomed, a colourful selection laying all around her. 

The girl was thirteen but looked as if she were eight. Small for her age, deathly thin and no matter how long she lay in the castle gardens her skin would remain a parched white colour. She was quiet, always quiet and always absorbing silence. 

Her view of the sun was blocked by a familiar face. The girl sat up, spinning around to face the familiar woman. "Mama," She cheered. 

Rhaella Targaryen smiled at her oldest daughter, cupping her face in the older woman's hands. "Hello, my sweets. Enjoying the gardens are we," The Queen sat down next to her daughter who promptly lay her head back down on her mother's lap. 

"The sky's so beautiful, mama," She observed. Her mother nodded. 

"It is, isn't it?" Rhaella agreed while running her fingers through her daughter's hair. The girl nodded. 

"I want to live up there mama, on the clouds. Nobody would find me and I can do whatever I want," She turned to look at her mother who gave her young daughter an encouraging nod. 

"You do whatever you wish, my little princess," The two lay in silence as the Queen knew her daughter liked it. Admiring the sky. 

However, it was ended abruptly with the little princess's painful, raspy coughs. She coughed into her hand and when she pulled it back saw blood splatters. Rhaella took her daughter's hand in hers and rubbed off the blood. 

Daella Targaryen was the second oldest living child of Queen Rhaella Targaryen and her brother-husband Aerys Targaryen. She was born sickly and like her previous siblings was not expected to last the night. But by some miracle, she lived on and was now in her mother's arms - almost a woman. 

Rhaella was pitiful of her daughter. She was so often sick and commonly in an unhealthy state. It was Daella's first time in over a year that she had been outside, with the risk of becoming sicker. So the little girl stayed inside, admiring the flowers from the library window. 

"Let's go inside, you'll be allowed back in the garden in no time," The girl's smile fell but did as her mother wished. Turning back to stare at the sky once more before fleeing inside. 

Rhaella guided her coughing daughter back to her chambers and on her way back passed her brother. It surprised Daella. She expected him to be in the training yard, sparring with one of his friends.