( 𝟏 )

━━𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬━━

━━━━━

     It's strange how small events can lead to a catastrophic annihilation. Rickard knew this truth when he brought his family to the courtyard to greet the royal family. 

In the year that persued, Rickard had grown older and sickly-looking. Though he still had the strong build of a Stark, the bags under his eyes and paleness of his face were evidence of his dwindling health. 

Winter was a brutal time for all, and all of the Lords of the North prayed that he would recover in the soon coming summer. 

Standing beside his withering father, was the brute Brandon Stark. He was built as any other Stark, bulky and muscular. His dark hair was slicked back and was long enough to touch his shoulders. 

The next in line was the honourable Eddard Stark. Though not being as strongly built like his brother, Ned was just as strong as any other Northan man. His hair was a slightly lighter shade that too, reached his shoulders. 

Beside him was dear Lyanna Stark. Only thirteen years of age, she had not yet bled but still was a beauty. Her black hair curls fell her back and her Stark blue eyes were like the ice rivers. 

And last in the line was young Benjen Stark. He was much shorter than all of his siblings, as he was only twelve. His body was muscular but not to the extent of his two older brothers who were pure muscle. His black hair was also much shorter, barely reaching his neck. 

All of the Starks stood tall and proud, their chins held high and their clothes the noble colours of Stark.

The royal family had arrived. Leading the charge was the King, Aerys Targaryen. His bones were old and his skin stretched across his ageing body. Wrinkles were littered across his face, yet despite these features, he had a eerie aura surrounding him. 

Behind his father was the stunning Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. His hair was a mop on the top of his head and like the oldest stark's was able to reach his bulky shoulders. He had a similar body shape to Brandon yet unlike the Stark boy those around him felt intimidated. 

Following the two royals were many men on horses, and following them was the royale carriage. The King made his way off of his horse and approached the Starks. They all looked to Rickard and he got on his knee and bowed. Everyone in the courtyard followed.  

Just behind him, his wife, daughter and youngest son were standing outside of the carriage. The latter two, clutching onto the former's arm.  

He stood in front of the Starks, Rickard looked up to see if the King was signalling them to rise. He was then made aware when King Aerys booming voice called out, "Rise!"