tommy- unfaithful

reader pov-

You knew of Tommy's past love Grace. You knew about her betrayal. You knew because you had known Tommy your whole life. Before the war, you and Tommy were absolutely smitten. Completely inlove with eachother. He was your first love and you were his second. His first being Greta. But that didn't mean he loved you any less. You both spoke about eloping. Running away just you and him. He was going to be a horse trainer and you were going to be a dress designer. You were going to have children and be away from all of Small Heaths bullshit. But those late night thoughts were stopped abruptly by the war. When you found out that he had been drafted. You felt all different types of emotions. Angry, angry at greedy men for wanting more which resulted in millions of men having to fight their wars for them. Sad. Even though they had said the war would be done by Christmas, you weren't naive enough to believe so. So you knew that your fiancé would not be home any time soon, and that's IF he came home. And heavens did you cry. You weren't much of a cryer. In fact, there's nothing you hated more. But you cried more in the four years he was away then you would like to admit. When war was declared over, you were relieved, happy and excited, However, your fiancé was not the same. He wasn't your Tommy. He became cold. You knew he would be different. But you didn't expect his feelings would change about you. You thought your love was stronger than that. He started visiting brothels and that's when you decided to end it completely. Not that he was bothered. And when the blonde barmaid came into town, and Tommy started giving her all of his attention. You knew he started to fall for her. There was no gossip about him visiting brothels anymore. Of course you were incredibly jealous. This was the man you had been inlove with for years and were engaged to for 5, but he seemed happier. And there's nothing better than seeing the man you love smile. Even if it was caused by another woman. But that was cut short when he found out she was an agent for the crown, and had betrayed him and lied to him for months. But you knew better than to believe she didn't fall for Tommy's charms and words. You knew she loved him aswell but alas, she moved to America and got remarried. About a year after he found out about Graces betrayal and ended it, he showed up at your doorstep drunk. He apologised repeatedly and told you that he loved you and never stopped and you believed him. That was your mistake. He was a very good liar. But in all honesty, he just needed a woman to act as a replacement for Grace that's all you were to him. You didn't know this. For years you thought he was inlove with you. You had children and got married. You did in fact because a dress designer. You started to get recognition. You thought yours and Tommy's dreams were finally becoming true. And they were, but he just wasn't inlove with you. Yes, he had love FOR you. You were the mother of his children. But his infatuation was still on Grace. You knew she would return. You just thought that yet again, you love was strong enough. But it wasn't.

You had took a trip to Paris. You were designing dresses and opening your new dress shop. The trip lasted for a month. You had took your two children with you as you knew Tommy would be too busy to look after them. Your trip had been cut a week short due to the opening being quicker than imagined and you hadn't told Tommy. You wanted to surprise him. And surprise him you did. You had dropped your son and daughter off at Pols. You drove to yours and Tommys home. You walked in and you noticed none of the maids were rushing about as they usually would. Maybe someone had let slip that you were home and he decided to surprise you?

You walked up the long stairs as quietly as you could and walked into yours and Tommy's shared room. You opened the door slowly and quietly. You heard strange sounds but you brushed it off. You opened the door and that image was one you'd never get out of your head. Your husband on top of the woman who betrayed him, lied to him. And now she was laying with him. As much as it seemed a situation you'd cry in. All you could do was laugh. You knew if you'd laugh you wouldn't cry. And you had cried too many times over this man. You'd also had your doubts about Tommy loving you. But that was in the beginning. This was nearly three years into your relationship.

They looked up in shock.

"Oh shit" Tommy whispered whilst putting his head down. He knew there's was no way he could convince you it wasn't what it looked like. There was no way you were going to forgive him.

"Yes Thomas, oh shit is the right thing to say when your wife walks in on you fucking another woman after not seeing her husband for 3 weeks" you replied.

There wasn't much arguing. There's no way to argue with Thomas especially whilst you were still standing in the same room as him and another woman naked.

"I'm going to stay at Pols, i'll come back in a few days to collect mine and the children's stuff. Then we are moving to Paris." Thomas opened his mouth to tell you that you weren't taking his children away, but before he could you were out of the door.

A few days later you had done exactly what you said you would do. You had nearly pact all of yours and your children's stuff when Thomas walking into the room.

"I'm sorry y/n" he whispered

"Okay" you replied. You didn't have the energy to fight or forgive him. You were simply exhausted.

"Is that it? You're not going to shout at me, scream at me, hit me? Come on y/n say something. Anything." he begged.

"No. I want to get away from you as soon as possible. I'll send you updates on the kids. I just have one last question" You were about to ask the question that had been plaguing you for days.

"What is it y/n?" he said.

"Were you ever inlove with me? After Grace left?" you asked.

"No. I was never IN love with you but i always cared for you. I will always have love for you" he explained

And you smiled. You had finally gotten the honesty that you deserved. Even if it wasn't the words you wanted to here. You could move on now.

"Thankyou Thomas, you were finally honest. Goodbye Mr Shelby" you finally said.

A few days later he had received the divorce papers. He signed them. Because even though he said he wasn't inlove with you, over that past few days he has been feeling empty. And he knew he had made that biggest mistake. But signing the papers might make you happy. And seeing the person you love the most happy is the best thing ever. Even if hit wasn't caused by them.

He remarried. He got married to Grace and she has his son. You and him still kept in contact but that was only to give him updates on your shared children.

You also remarried, he was the nicest man. He cared for you more than you deserved and you knew that if you asked for the moon he'd get it for you. You were completely inlove.

The end