- three -

Elves of Authien (and even some of Greenwood and Imladris who had come for the legendary event) celebrated the element to which they were so connected with bright smiles upon their faces.

Their King and Queen, princes and princess sat regally at the high table alongside councillors and high lords of the kingdom. The princess was truly a vision, famed for her unparalleled beauty and compassion to her kingdom, but it was also common knowledge that she was untouchable. Her brothers were openly protective, and her father very much so also.

Several elves chuckled as yet another ellon moved towards the high table and the princess, who was laughing at something prince Fornion had said, only to stop, pale, and turn away while the three other brothers and king look to him with narrowed eyes. The Queen simply laughed.

Soon, the night drew to a close, Nauriùl had danced with her brothers and father, as well as the captain of the guard, Aldon, a close friend, who had despite said fact been on the receiving end of many glares.

Nauriùl wanted to fall in love - of course she did! Elven love was completely unparalleled due to its sheer power and intensity, and although she would never admit it, for that very reason, it scared her. She didn't like the thought of someone having so much power over her. And so she didn't stop her brothers from acting like morons when ellons showed an interest, because she wanted to avoid losing herself. Because that's what happened. The female would become the males 'possession'. Their 'prize'. Even with elves, the male held the power, and she was no-ones property.

So she put it off, focused on her studies and the kingdom, and training with Aldon in her free time.

Her mother had retired about half an hour previously, and soon most elves followed. She and Fornion both stood and bade their father and brothers good night, before abandoning all propriety when entering the private part of the palace and leaning heavily on each other. They parted outside their respective bedrooms, opposite one another's, before shutting their doors and getting ready for bed.

The sky was still pitch black, but the sun would soon begin to rise. By the time that Nauriùl had finished getting undressed, the sky was already lightening.

"The curse of being a female." She muttered before sliding between her sheets.

She was interrupted fifteen minutes later, when she had fallen asleep, by a rapid knocking on her door.

She groaned into the pillow. "This had better be bloody important." She muttered while putting on a robe and stepping to the door.

"Can I help you?"

She was met with the sight of Eladior. He was dressed casually, clearly having just thrown anything on, but his eyes were frantic.

"What's going on?"

"Have you seen mother?" He blurted out.

So shocked was she at the sight of her composed brother seemingly so stressed out, that it took a moment for her to process the question. "No not since the feast. Why? What's going on?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed. Any glimmering ember of hope in his eyes sparked and then died as she responded.

"Get dressed. Mother's missing."

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

It was astonishing how two simple sentences could have such a massive impact.

In the time it had taken for her to throw her hair in a high ponytail, change into a tunic and leggings and fully process the words that her eldest brother had spoken, chaos seemed to have been unleashed in the castle. Maids and servants, guards and lords, all running around the halls. The second she stepped out of her bedroom, her arm was grabbed by Eladior and five guards immediately surrounded them, bows on their backs, gripping their swords in their belts, silver armour glinting as the suns welcoming rays warmed them. But their blood had run cold.