Chapter 5

After the show, Joey threw a party to celebrate the success of the first taping. He was talking and dancing with a few of the ladies on the floor when he noticed Monica sitting at the bar with a couple other women. Walking out of the circle that was forming around him, he grabbed her hand and dragged her out to the dance floor. Monica allowed herself to be taken and began laughing as Joey danced around her. She laughed some more before moving away; not feeling the vibe of the party tonight. Joey shrugged as she went back to her spot at the bar, and continued dancing with the same group of women around him.

Chandler cradled his beer as he sat at the opposite end of the bar with Mrs. Anderson - the producer and creator of the show.

"Who are you betting on?" He asked, taking a sip of his beverage.

"I like Phoebe - the actress, Mindy, and Monica, of course." She rattled them off before taking a drink herself.

"You think so?" He asked, looking back at Monica on the other side of the long bar.

"Oh please." She said as if it was up for questioning. "She is the perfect woman."

He nodded, knowing this was true.

They watched as Joey started dancing his way back over to Monica at the bar. "Come on, let's dance."

She tried pulling back "That's okay. I'm fine just standing here." She leaned back not realizing there was a cameraman right behind her that knocked her forward. "Ouch." She felt the lens hit her bare shoulder.

"Hey! Watch it!" Joey pulled her forward and pushed the camera aside "Back off a little, would you."

"I'm okay, really." She assured him, touching his shoulder "I think I'm going to take a walk. Get some fresh air." She said, pulling her hand free from his and making her way to the door.

Joey looked over at the other two standing at the bar where Monica was just at. "Not too weird for you, is it?" He asked, stretching out his hand.

"Not too weird for me." She smiled, taking his hand.

As Monica passed Chandler, he stood and followed her over to the door.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that." He said, touching her back, causing her to turn.

"No, it's fine." Monica smiled, brushing it off and looking back at the party she just left. "Is this what you have to go through these days to get a date?" She joked.

Chandler laughed "Well, why fall in love if you can do it in two days?"

"Is that uh, how you met your girlfriend?" Monica asks carefully.

"No." He said

"Oh," She said softly

"I'm single."

"Oh," She repeated, more surprised "There must be a very good reason why you're single."

Chandler crossed his arms "Well, I could probably say the very same thing about you." He smiled

Monica's mouth drops, astonished by what he just said.

"You know, if I ever really want to meet someone I could just have my own show. The I Wanna Marry Chandler Bing show."

She laughed

"Right?" Chandler chuckled

"Yeah." Monica smiled "I'm sorry I'm-" She stopped. "I guess it's a lot to get use to." She admits, not having a good enough excuse for how she is handling things. "Joey is really sweet, but it's hard to get to know the real him this way."