Chapter 1- Once Upon A Time

It was a serene morning with birds chirping nearby and cool smooth breeze brushing her hair. They were sitting by the bench in front of a pathway alongside a river. It was a lovely and warm day after cold night. They were laughing and stealing glances at each other once in a while. He looked at her like he could not ever love anyone like he loves this girl beside him. And the girl reflected the same. It was a quiet morning with only few people walking around. It was almost as if they had this lovely place for themselves. 

"So, B, what do you want to do today?", she asked with excitement in her eyes.

"I don't know, really? Thought I was getting a surprise," he teased her. It was Aaron's birthday and Lumanti had always planned a surprise for him which usually failed when he somehow figured out what her surprise plan. Either their friends or a phone call from a cake shop on her phone would ruin the surprise. But this year, it was going to be different and neither of them saw it coming.

"Hmm, what surprise are you talking about?," she replied back to him, "I am not planning anything for you tonight. You always figure it out somehow so this year I decided no planning, no surprises. You will know what to expect."

" Really?," he pouted with little pretense of hurt in his face. 

"I thought we could go to a restaurant for a nice dinner. Just you and me." She gave her most convincing smile at him.

He was confused from her reaction, because he didn't believe that she didn't plan anything for his birthday but decided to play along and said, "Ok then, where would you like to go?"

"Hmm, I have actually already booked a restaurant for us." Usually one of his friend would spoil it for him by mistake. But that day nobody spilled anything and they seemed busy in their life. So he thought he will go with it, trying to get more information.

She said again with worried look on her face, "Are you ok with it? I thought it could be only us this time, as you know I am flying to Nepal for six months next week,"

He wanted to spend more time with her as well and said, "I know Ti. It is ok. I am actually glad that I get to spend more time with you on my birthday. Especially now that I will get to see you only through a screen for next six months."

"I know. I don't like the idea but my mom really wants me to go see her family and learn more about her side of family as well you know. " She said turning her head towards him and leaning towards the back of the bench.

"But why for six months?" He also turned his head towards her.

"Because.."

"I know I know Janku of your grandpa and your cousin's wedding, but why is it six months? These functions can't be six months long? Janku  is basically celebrating your grandpa's 77 years, 7 month and 7days on earth where you and his other grandchildren pull the chariot with him on it. This happens for a day and preparation might take a week for which you needn't be there. And as for wedding, I get it it takes longer but six month is still too long. "

"You know I will be doing much more than just attend these functions. I want to travel actually. I want to go for trekking and rafting."

"Wait, What? You are going to that without me? I knew you were going to explore beautiful nature of Nepal but you are actually going to do white water rafting and trekking. Which route are you planning on doing?"

"Argh! B, so many questions. Don't worry. I won't have too much fun and it is not as if you like doing those things. Everytime you go back there, you stay at your family home and spend most of the time chilling with your cousins and friends. In my case, I only have few cousins and only my mom's side of family so I got to explore the country right? and most importantly, my cousins are super excited about the whole trip." 

"Yeah," he said with sigh as if he remembered something from the time when he went there.

"Why? What happened? You don't want me to go for trekking", she said when she noticed it.

"No. No. Its not like that. I am just going to miss you so much."

"Aww, I will miss you too. Do you want me to take something for your family there? I can finally get to meet them with that excuse," she chuckled.

He laughed and teased her saying, "Yeah. No, You haven't even met my family that is here," he cocked his eyebrow. Except for his parents and his sister, most of his close relatives were in Nepal and Lumanti never got a chance to meet his family for some reason.

"thats because you haven't yet introduced me to them", she pushed him with her right arm at his shoulder.

"Well you have met my sister at least," He further added, " and you are too white washed to meet my family in Nepal." 

"Heyy, No I am not," she said sounding offended but sooner they started laughing and started talking about his birthday plans and gifts.