Broken Hearts

Connor's POV

I am awkwardly sitting on the couch, watching Harry smile. I get up and look around for Hermione. I check her room. She's not there, but I notice a picture above her desk. It's the picture we took right before she left to boarding school. I still had glasses and braces. She looked like she always did, beautiful.

I leave the room and go to her attic. There are boxes and boxes. But theirs one box labeled "Childhood Memories, Hermione" I open the box and see all the stupid things we made in school. But I also see a diary. I am about to open it when my conscience kicks in. I put it away and go back to the living room. Hermione and Ron are sitting down, next to each other, holding hands. Hermione sees me and stands up.

"Connor, I've been waiting for you to come back." Hermione says. I grin.

"Oh, um I wanted to see if you kept anything with me on it. I saw a picture of me with glasses and braces. Sentimental much?"

"I kept a picture, so what. You were my best friend for 5 years."

"I s'pose. But no, I think you have a hard time letting things go. Like a charming, dashing, clever boy like myself."

"You were always conceded."

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with being conceded."

"Whatever you say."

I roll my eyes and hug her. She jumps back. I give her a questioning look. "I'm just saying goodbye. My tux is being made and they need me." Hermione nods. I open my arms and she goes into them. I squeeze her and let go. I say bye to Ron and Harry. I open and close Hermione's door. I then let a tear drop.

Hermione's POV

I see Connor leave and go into his car. I sigh. Ron and Harry give me a questioning look. I shrug my shoulders "What?"

"Do we really have to watch 'Hunting for Love'? Ron asks me. Harry nods. I shake my head.

"Well, one, the show doesn't exist. Two, I'm not hunting anymore." I blush at the end. I look at Ron and he is smiling. I take his hand and he takes mine. As Ron leans in to kiss me, Harry makes a gagging noise. Ron rolls his eyes and kisses me. I can feel Harry staring at us, so I pull away. Ron looks at me then he sees Harry and sighs.

Harry's POV

I stare at Hermione and Ron as they kiss. I'm happy for them but, it's weird. They act as if all their years as friends doesn't matter. I mean Ginny and I kissed before we started officially dating but things were awkward until we did. With Ron and Hermione its like they have been dating for years.

Hermione escorts us to her fireplace and we leave. I hug Hermione goodbye and Ron kisses Hermione on the cheek. I walk into the fireplace and shout "Weasley Home."

Ron does the same.

When we get there it is one in the afternoon. Lunch is being served. There is sandwiches and burgers. I take a burger and drink water. I sit next to Ginny. We hold hands underneath the table. Ron looks our way and grunts. Ginny mutters under her breath "Someday I will find a legal way to kill you." I laugh and eat the rest of my burger. When we are all done eating, George makes an announcement.

"Well, Fred died and I just want to say that I am going to dedicate a gum to him. The shop will start selling them this week. I brought you all samples."

"Oh, honey! That's wonderful, but why didn't you tell us earlier?"

"It was a secret. No one knew except me knew until now."

George passes out the gum and we all try it. It makes a hole in your ear. We all pat him on the back. George smiles for a second before nodding and continuing to eat his dinner.

We all finish eating and Ron and I do the dishes. Ron will rinse and dry while I will wash. Ginny talks about a rumor of there being a ball for 7th years. Ron passes me a dish. I start washing. "Mate? Well, should I tell Hermione that we should... you know?" I hold my breath. I look him in the eyes and cant tell if he actually means it. I shrug.

"Well, do you want to? I mean you just started dating. Do you love her?"

"Of course I love her!"

"I...don't think so. You just started dating! Wait like a 8 months, a year, hell I don't know. Unless she brings it up. Then go for it."

Ron looks away and nods. I sigh. I sit down at the table and play wizards chess against George.

Ron's POV

I go to my room and go through albums. I look at one of Ginny and me opening a christmas present from Fred and George. I look at the picture taken right after it. We are covered in purple goo. I laugh and keep looking through the albums. I pass out while in the middle of the 7th album.

I wake up at 8 am. Harry is still asleep so I wake him up. He grunts. I change into jeans and a striped shirt. I open my door and while I am walking down the stairs Ginny comes out of her room screaming "You idiot Ron! Why would you do that?" I look at her very confused. She hits me on the side of my head.

"What? What'd I do?" I scream back at her. Ginny squints her eyes and shakes her head.

"You didn't forgive Hermione! Now she's off snogging some guy named Connor."

"What? I forgave her yesterday and I apologized for being an ass!"

"Well, The Daily Prophet has a photograph of Hermione and that guy Connor."

I sense my eyes getting watery. My nose has this feeling I get each time I want to cry. I smile at my sister. "Thanks Gin. I mean it too. I should've never forgiven Hermione, all she does is rip my heart out of my chest."

Old Pictures - Ron & HermioneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara