Dragon Inside (NCT) 2/4

prologue: the hope of lee taeyong

A/N: I just want to put out that this is the first time i'm writing a story without a proper guide, and a spiritual world at that so I'm pretty much nervous of how it will turn out. I did try to make it as visual as possible but I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter!

A/N, I never finished the story so here is just a scenario 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a peaceful day at Sheer, a land that had rice fields and water surrounding it

The crickets were chirping and under the dim lights of his bedroom, Mark Lee was in his bedroom, thumbing through one of his few books. He never really studied and all he did was help his father with the business—selling steamed buns, or míanbao's as they called it. His father enjoyed serving the people of Sheer and Mark simply followed cue.

His daily routine was the same, the twenty-year-old would push his cart of míanbao's past the huts to the market at sun rise and make sure all his steamed buns were hot and ready to eat. His father would be with him and there, they would yell out "Buy some steamed buns! Buy some steamed buns!".

And when the sun would set, they would find themselves walking back to their tiny little hut in the center of Sheer, Mark satisfied with the life they were living because he was never one to be ambitious.

A knock on the door sounded and Mark looked up to see Bruce Lee, his father's blue eyes and blonde hair strikingly bright under the dim lamp.

"I'm heading to bed, son. What you doing?" Bruce Lee asked, his eyes looking over to the book that Mark was holding. Sometimes, he wished he could give Mark more but Mark was humble at best and never asked for anything.

"Reading." Mark replied, his eyes shining as he looked at his father. He admired his father's work ethic, Bruce Lee entering the room and sitting down on the bed. "How the world started and how shapeshifters came to be."