Dragon Inside (NCT) 3/4

mark lee, son of bruce lee

Mark Lee had just woken up to the smell of míanbao's being baked and cooked

Mark Lee had just woken up to the smell of míanbao's being baked and cooked. It has been a couple of days and his father, Bruce Lee, had to make do. The thing was that Mark couldn't remember what happened the night when the bandits attacked—he woke up with his body on a horse, his father carrying him in his arms. He remembered feeling like his whole body ached and pained and Mark wondered if he got hurt.

"You didn't get hurt, Mark." Bruce Lee had said. "You just got surprised and fainted."

It did sound like him, Mark thought. Every time he was ridden with anxiety, he would feel his heart palpitate and his body shake. He could almost never control the vibrations his body would go through every time it happened.

But as bad as everything was for the refuges of Sheer, Mark knew that one day the sun would shine again and they have now moved into N-CITY, the heart of the land nation. The center of the four elemental lands of SM Nation and Mark could see the top of the Marble Palace very far away, the male gaping in awe at finally seeing it for the first time.

What was weird was that he somehow also didn't need his glasses, Mark Lee wondering if he was hit on the right side of his head... if that made sense. Stuff like that could fix his vision, right? He found himself lost in his thoughts when his father called his name and Mark hopped out of his small bed, stretching.

Even the air smelled different in N-CITY, Mark thought, opening up the windows to take a whiff.

He turned and ran down the narrow steep stairs, Mark smiling at his father who was already in his apron. Bruce Lee chuckled when he saw his son and Mark saw how his father ran his eyes over his face, Bruce telling him that he finished the first batch.

Just yesterday, they had registered the business to one of the officials of the Royal Palace and today would be their opening. It was doing well, so to say and Mark could already see people stopping by to buy a few buns for their breakfast and Mark moved up to his father and opened his arms.

Bruce Lee leaned down to hug his son and Mark beamed.

Mark was brought up with so much love, the male never feeling like he needed anything more. Bruce then told him to grab a basket and go to the market, Mark's eyes widening.

"I need you to go get some herbal cheese, Mark. I had a dream last night." Bruce Lee said and Mark blinked. "The dream was that I would be able to cook up a new recipe and that would be steamed buns with herbal cheese. There is a small store by the alley—Remember Mr. Olaf?"

"The old man who stayed a few huts down from us?" Mark asked, his father nodding. "He reopened his cheese shop here?"

"Yes, Mark. Now, off you go. I want to try the recipe out before lunch time." His father said and Mark nodded, grabbing the basket and making his way out of the place his father was renting for his business and his place to stay with his son.