CHAPTER ONE

ENOLA HOLMES, a resourceful detective & a clever girl altogether. she had a natural gift for solving mysteries, so much so that she had once saved Lord Tewksbury's life.

It had been three months since then, and sadly Enola has only encountered Tewksbury once. The two have drifted apart- mostly because he has more responsibilities than she could possibly imagine.

that was until this morning- when Enola had discovered a rather odd message in the paper. this message wasn't from her mother- it was a lot grimmer than something she would ever write.

"dark times are coming Enola, be prepared✆ H.M"

it was a simple message- but yet such a dark one. Enola thought her mystery days were over...but alas can something ever really be over.

then there was the odd symbol, what did it mean?

"what in the- who sent this?", Enola asked, although she was the only one in the room. (as you know, she tends to talk herself)

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

three hours later

Enola was taking her daily walk, as she often did this to clear her mind. something about the whole situation didn't make sense, why would someone warn her through a deciphered code besides her mother?

that's when she saw it, the odd symbol imprinted on an abandoned house wall.