CHAPTER THREE

there he stood, his silky brown hair parted to the side, slightly longer since the last time Enola had seen him.

she glanced to the side to see the large man unconscious...and a shovel in tewksburys hand.

"enola! are you okay? we have to go!",tewksbury said quickly, teaching his hand out for her to grab. she grabbed it without a hesitation and the two ran out of the building and onto the streets.

"tewksbury? what on earth were you doing there!", Enola said once reaching a far enough distance from the building.

"nice to you see too", tewksbury responded sarcastically, earning a glare from Enola.

"seriously- why were you there", Enola repeated stopping in her tracks, taking a gaze the trees that surrounded them.

somehow they had nagar story make their way into a peaceful field, surrounded by trees with a path leading into town.

"i received a note instructing me to meet someone there. why were you there, and why was someone choking you?", tewksbury questioned.

"honestly, i have no idea", enola began pacing around, "i received a code from the newspaper which lead me to the building- where the man was. it doesn't make sense...who sent them, why were you there as well, why-," Enola started to ramble on, asking far too many questions.

tewksbury gripped her shoulders gently, causing her to stop in her tracks and stare into his chocolate brown eyes.

"enola...we'll figure this out...together"