CHAPTER TWO.

Happy reading lovelies!!!

This is a one-shot contest entry.
In life and death.
******

I opened the door to the house and I called out to Ari if I was going to die I think I would need her to tell our baby that I loved him a lot. The minute I had I was gonna be a father was the happiest moment of my life up to date and I imagined the day I would get to hold my baby would be the best day of my entire life but now there is a possibility of that never happening.

"Babe, I'm in the kitchen. " Ari called out. I went straight to the kitchen and stood at the doorway just staring at Ari. I wouldn't be able to see her beautiful face ever again, she would never be able to hug me, kiss me, or even touch me.

Why is life so unfair?
"Babe, why are you looking at me like that? You know very well I'm not a morning person and I most definitely don't like it in the morning. So stop whatever crafty idea is in your mind. " Ari said as she raised the knife she was holding.

"Can't a man look at his fiance without any motive? " I asked as went towards and hugged her. Will I never feel her in my arms ever again?

I used to think that I would wish to spend my last day on earth doing sex with more than a hundred girls and having three ways and four ways but now all I can think of is Ariana and our future baby.

As I look at my life, I have wasted 24 years of my life, I spend 6 of those getting drunk and sleeping with any girl I could find. Why couldn't I meet Ari sooner in my life?

No matter how much I tried to ignore that man, I couldn't I had an insanely weird gut feeling. If this was my last day on earth I'm gonna spend it with Ari showing her how I loved her and our baby. At least when I'm gone she would have fantastic memories with me on my last day.

She should tell nice stories to our child. I cannot afford to tell her I can die today cause if I did she would spend all day sucking and crying and I don't want that to be our last memories together.

"Babe, why are you so clingy?? " Ari distracted me from my thoughts. "Can't a man show love to his fiancee? "
"I just want you to always remember me even if you will not love me forever at least this child will always make you remember me. " I said caressing her stomach.

"Mhm, so what's up, with you Alex?"
"They say, be in love with your life every minute of it but when I decided loving mine it came to an end so soon. "

"Since when did you become a philosopher? And what do you mean by it came to an end?" Ari quizzed. "aah. It's. Just... a..... " I scratched my head for an answer, what should I tell you?
"Aah, it's just a line from a poem."

"If you say so, babe. "
"We should go and freshen up before we head out to meet the caterers."I just wanted to stay with her, feel her and tell her how much I love her. She is the only person I have loved, how can I leave her before our wedding.

" Okay. "I said as I headed upstairs to take a shower. Maybe that man was just lying, I have my all life to live with Ariana and our little munchkins. I just want to live, I wanted to make my mark on the world. I wanted to make something great of my life but I ended up wasting my life in bars and strip clubs.

If only I knew that my life would be so short, I would have made my life better but right it seems I have run out of time. After I took my towel, I undressed and headed to the bathroom. I opened the shower and let my thoughts carry me.

Imagining all the things I wanted to do before I died. Traveling all over the world, I wanted to visit so many places and learn about many cultures but right now I had no time. I wanted to go skiing, surfing, zip-lining, and so many other things but I could not do it anymore.

I wanted to explore so many things, learn so many things but my life just came to a complete stop this morning. If only I had time, I would spend every second loving my future wife and our children.

I came out of the shower and took out my favorite black suit. If it was my final day, I should finish with class.

"Babe, hurry up, we will get late for the meeting. Please make it fast. "
"I will be there in a minute. " I replied as I put on my coat.

"Babe, I'm right here, now can we go? " I asked.
"Aaaah, you remembered how I love you in black suits? You look so handsome, baby. " Ari said as she straightened my tie.
"Now can we go?" I quizzed as I held out my hand.

"We can go now. " Ari said.
We got into the car and I drove us to the meeting place. It was only a 45minute drive. I just wanted to spend every minute with Ari seeing her smile was enough for me.

The rest of the day went by so fast. We spend the whole day making preparations for the wedding. From the catering to the flowers, and we even visited the priest who was going to unite us to become one.

After that, we headed to our favorite karaoke restaurant. After our meal, Ari started singing and dancing with the people in the restaurant. I loved how lively and free-spirited she was if only I was more like her.

I didn't even notice how the hours went by because I spend them with the most important person to me. We got home around 11.30 the night. If that man was right then I would have less than thirty minutes to live and if that was the case then I would want to spend the rest of those minutes with Ariana.

After we freshened up, we lay on the bed. I knew Ariana was exhausted but I just wanted to cuddle with her until I breathe my last. Not everybody gets the chance to die in the hands of the person who they loved more than their own life but I got that chance.

"Ari, promise me you will remind our child every day that daddy loves him. You will tell him every night that his dad cared for him a lot. "
"Why should I tell him that, when you will be here to tell him all that? "
"You never know what tomorrow holds, you don't what the future holds. You have no guarantee if I will be here tomorrow. "
"No, you will be with me until my last second. " Ari said as she kissed me.
"And you don't know whether we will have a boy or girl. you never know we can a baby girl. "

We talked for some minutes before she fell asleep on my arms. I had lost track of time when I checked the clock on my desk. I was astonished and happy, it was already 12.13 in the morning and I was still alive.

Guess I was afraid all for nothing, I just thanked God for giving me a second chance to spend my life with the most important person in my life.

The odd man who I had met this morning magically appeared in my room. I was shocked, was it even possible? Was he a wizard?
"How did you get here and what are you doing here? " I asked.

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. We were only testing you to see if you have the will to live and to see what you will do with your last day. It seems like you did grow up and changed for the better."

"Good you spend your allegedly last day on earth with your loved one and you didn't waste it on a strip club or drinking. Life was given to you now you know how to use it. "

He said and then he disappeared.
I was just glad and happy I got a second chance. Now, I won't waste my life, I will live it to the fullest.

*****

A/n:
This story is a little different, not everybody would spend the last day of their life the way Alex did. Most people would spend it by doing things on their bucket list or eating and doing stuff which they were always afraid to do.

Alex has seen it all and has done it all, the only person he loves is Ariana and that is why he spends his allegedly the last day with her.