Part 12

Taehyung POV
I glance at the ticking clock on the wall.
08:17 PM. Almost time to close the shop.
I huff & continue cleaning my tools.
It's been two days since Y/n came to the tattoo shop looking for me. Two days since her pained expression was imprinted in my brain.
Hana & I have talked about plans to lure Y/n back, but none is feasible since that Jimin guy is always following her around now according to Hana.
I miss her.
The absurd thought pops up in my head & I quickly chase it away.
"Huh.. Should I really just give up?" I mutter dejectedly to myself.
No, you can't. Remember why you started this in the first place. Remember the agony, the deep sense of loss. And you still need to find her. Dead or alive.
"Taehyung ah, someone's looking for you." My partner suddenly calls me.
"A guest? Just tell her to come in." I disinterestedly reply.
"It's not a girl this time. And it doesn't look like he's coming here to get a tattoo. You should go outside & meet him."
"Oh ok." I throw the cleaning towel onto my working bench & walk out, curiosity rising in my head.
A guy wearing a black suit is standing near the entrance with his back facing me.
"How may I help you?" I ask.
He turns around & I immediately recognize him.
"Kim Taehyung ssi? Annyeong hashiminimka." He bows at me & smiles.
What the fuck is he doing here?!
"Do you want to get a tattoo?" I regain my composure & act stupid.
"No. I'm here because someone wants to meet you & asked me to fetch you to the meeting place."
"Y/n?" Her name slips out of my mouth & it's already too late when I realize that I've exposed myself to him.
"You'll find out when we get there." He doesn't look the least bit surprise & smile at me again.
I know that this might be a trap, but if it's truly Y/n, I want to see her.
Maybe she told him about us & asked him to help her just like she did with Hana? That's possible, right?
"Ok then. Yongsan ah, I'm going out now. Just close the shop when you're done." I yell to my partner at the back of the shop.
"Let's go." I wear my leather jacket & nod at Jimin.
"After you." He politely signals me to step out first.
A black limousine is already waiting for us when we get to the main road.
Unease begins to attack me as I step into the luxurious car & see the driver. He's the one who always drives Kang sajangnim around.
This doesn't feel right. Has Y/n informed the driver about us too?
I gulp nervously, my palms damp with sweat.
"Where are we going exactly?" I turn to Jimin & ask.
"Somewhere nearby. With the traffic now, we'll be there in less than 15 minutes." He checks his watch & answers.
"Is it Y/n who wants to see me?"
"Be patient. You'll find out very soon." That annoying saccharine smile again.
I'm so anxious that I feel like shaking the answer out of him, but I can't do that. So I just clasp my hands tightly together to ease the nerves.
"We're here." Jimin announces as the car comes to a halt at a quiet street.
"Here?" I scan the dark surroundings & ask.
My pulse races as suspicion & ugly thoughts seep into my brain.
Why is he taking me to such a deserted place? Is he going to harm me?
"Please come out. The person is already waiting for you." Seeing my immobility, Jimin calls out.
"Alright." I clear my throat & step out, hiding my fear.
"Please follow me." He walks ahead of me deeper into the dark alley.
Shit. If he does something to me, will I be able to escape? Hana said he has a black belt in karate.
I hesitantly trail behind him while keeping track of our every step to figure out the fastest escape route in case something happen.
"We're here." He abruptly stops in front of a pair of heavy wooden door & pushes them open.
"Whose house is this?" I ask.
"It's not a house. It's an exclusive restaurant, reserved for important clients who value privacy. Don't worry. There are other guests inside."
I step through the door & gasp inwardly as I see the beautiful traditional garden lying before me.
Pine trees, which look hundreds of years old, are planted elegantly across the landscape. The garden lamps radiates soft aesthetic yellow hues that set the tone of the vast space.
Multiple Hanoks, which most probably serve as private dining rooms, line the left & right side of the garden.
Jimin guides me to one of the Hanok & knocks on the sliding door.
"We're here." He exclaims.
A lady in Korean hanbok, who must be the waitress of the restaurant, slides the door open & let us in.
"Welcome Kim Taehyung ssi."
My blood freezes in my vein as soon as I lay eyes on the person sitting at the table in front of me.
Kang Jihwan. Y/n's father. The person who I loathe to my core.
"Are you that surprised to see me? Did you think that it was my daughter who wants to see you?" He sips the tea in his cup & smirks.
"I have nothing to say to you. I'm leaving." I abruptly turn around to leave but Jimin blocks my way.
"Please sit down. I'm sure you'll be interested in what I'm going to offer." Kang sajangnim calmly says.
"Listen to him. You have no other choice." Jimin whispers.
I clench my jaws, turn back around, & heavily plop down on the seat across Kang sajangnim.
"What do you want from me?" I glare at him.
"Shouldn't I be the one who ask you that, Kim Taehyung? What do you want from me or my daughter? Why are you approaching her? Why did you break into my house?"
His questions stun me, leaving me speechless.
"What? Do you think I don't know anything? Do you think I'm that clueless? You can fool my daughter but you can't fool me Taehyung ssi."
"I have no idea what you're talking about." I avert my gaze so that he won't see the panic in my eyes.
"Oh really? Do you want me to show you my security camera footage to refresh your memory? Or should I just send it to the police station right now?" His bone-chilling tone scares me more than the threat.
"Fine. I did break into your house, but it was because your daughter wanted to see me."
He stares at me for a long second before laughing out loud.
"Hahaha! Of course she did. You have her in the palm of your hand, don't you? But did she tell you to steal my watch too? Or did you take it because you need money?"
"I didn't steal that watch! It wasn't-"
"Name your price." He cuts off my sentence.
"What?"
"You obviously approached my daughter for money, so name your price. How much do I have to pay you so that you'll stay away from my daughter forever?"
My blood boils hearing his condescending remark.
He doesn't know who I am & why I'm coming after him & Y/n.
"How much are you willing to pay me? Ten million won? Fifty million won? No Sajangnim, that's not anywhere near enough. I want more. I want you to suffer & feel the pain of losing someone dear to you. And no amount of money would ever be able to compensate for that satisfaction. Now please excuse me." I stand up & spit the words out with so much hatred.
"This is my last offer. One hundred million won. Leave my daughter alone & I'll give you the cheque right now." He says to my back.
"I will never do that even if you give me your whole fortune. Don't worry. I'll return her to you once I'm done with her." I turn to face him & snicker.
"Kim Taehyung ssi, you-" Jimin tries to stop me, but I grab his arm & push him aside.
"Let him go, Jimin ah. He will learn his lesson soon." Kang sajangnim orders.
I ball up my fists. The urge to punch his smug face is so strong that I have to physically hold my own hand to stop myself.
It's you who will learn that what goes around comes around. Watch me Kang Jihwan. You'll be the one who cries in the end.