Epilogue

A year later, Y/n POV
It's been a year since I last met Abeonim at the court.
The media has stopped reporting about his case ever since his sentence was declared.
Ten years in prison. It seems like a long time, yet it actually isn't, considering how many lives was lost & how much damage he's caused in our lives. His true punishment isn't the ten-year confinement, but the public's lost of trust & respect towards him.
His company is still up & running , although not as big as before. His lawyers called me to come back & continue his legacy. I refused.
I've had enough of being dictated on what to do, how to act for the past 20 years. Now, my wish is simple. I just want to be myself, find my own path & navigate through life with the people I love.
I've been continuing my study in my former university & life has gone back to its leisurely pace. Nothing exciting happens, but after all the drama, I thoroughly enjoy the mundanity of day to day life.
There's one little thing bothering me though..
Taehyung's popularity.
I knew that he was extremely popular with girls, even with older women. However, I only get to witness it with my own eyes ever since I started spending more time with him. And that makes me feel insecure.
Like right now..
I have just finished with my class & am walking out of the classroom when I see Taehyung standing near the building's entrance, chatting with a gorgeous long-haired girl. Her toned mid-section peeks under her black crop top, her slender long legs exposed underneath her short skirt, her perky breasts bouncing as she laughs heartily at whatever Taehyung is saying. A sunflower tattoo decorates her smooth upper arm.
Jealousy instantly burns inside me.
Who's that girl? Why is he smiling at her like that?
He waves & smiles at me when he sees me coming closer, but the only thing I notice is the girl's condescending gaze.
"Hey, I've been waiting for you. How was your day?" Taehyung snakes his arm around my waist & kisses the top of my head.
"It was ok." I mutter, feeling self conscious standing beside the supermodel-like girl.
"Are you alright? You look tired." Taehyung searches my face & places his palm over my forehead in concern.
"I'm fine. Can we go now?" I push his hand & begin to step away.
"Oh ok. Seunghee ya, we need to get going first. I'll see you tomorrow morning at the shop." He bids farewell to the girl & chases after me.
"Ya, why didn't you wait for me? Why are you in such a hurry?" He tries to wrap his arm around my shoulders but I dodge him.
"Who was that?" I ask sulkily.
"Who? Oh, you mean Seunghee? She's my customer."
"Why didn't you introduce us? Are you ashamed of me?" I know my action is very childish, but I'm too mad to care.
"What? Of course not! She's no one important so I didn't feel the need to introduce you." He exclaims.
"If she's not important, then why did you smile at her like that? Your eyes were literally twinkling." I stop & glare at him accusingly.
"Twinkling? I didn't- Ahh, I know why you are acting like this. You're jealous!" He chuckles.
"I'm not!" My cheeks blush a bright shade of red.
"You absolutely are!" He continues laughing.
"I'm not-" My phone rings all of a sudden, cutting my retaliation short.
Eomma?
"Hello? Yes, eomma. I'm fine, just got done with classes. You're coming tomorrow? 9 AM? Ok, I'll pick you up at the bus station tomorrow morning. See you soon."
"Eommoni is coming tomorrow?" Taehyung asks.
"Ehm hm.." I answer flatly, still angry at him.
"Let's go pick her up together then."
"There's no need to bother you. You have an appointment with Seunghee tomorrow morning, right? I have to clean my apartment now in case eomma wants to stay overnight. Goodbye." I avert my gaze & stubbornly stomp away.
"Y/n ah, I- Huh.. Fine, I'll see you tomorrow then!" He shouts at my back.
Another wave of insecurity inundates me.
Why is he giving up so easily? Isn't he supposed to follow me at times like this? Is he fed up with my childish behavior?
I bite my lower lip & turn around to steal a glance. He's already walking towards the opposite direction.
Where is he going now? To the shop? Or.. Ya Kang Y/n, have some faith in him. You guys have been through so much. He wouldn't be so easily swayed by other women.
"Arghh! Why is relationship so complicated? Whatever." I turn back around & continue walking towards the bus stop with uneasiness still tugging at the back of my mind.