Drowning (Depression)

Look, if you are reading this chapter you probably feel numbness to the world. 

First, I'll have to tell you the hard truth. When talking about mental health, we think we're becoming a problem, not to us, but to our family. That this "thing" will make them look at you in a different way, or that they'll not care. In those moments the temptation of ending it, seems more like an option than a suggestion. Way easier than spend years in trying to fix it, to fix you. 

No matter how much you distract yourself, every day feels heavier. You're carrying over your shoulders doubts, regrets, emotions you don't understand, and probably some bad friendships. The worst thing is when it gets heavier, and you become tired of dragging this doubts, you just give in into it. You probably think, lets' leave everything, disappear for an hour or two, all for a day without the "doubts bag".

The first thing I must tell you, is that in any situation you are in regarding your family. You must count on someone, even if its' a teacher. The first thing to do to get better, is understanding your surroundings. What I mean is, ask yourself :

1) "What in my room makes me doubt myself in any way?" 

(We will summarize the next steps in future chapters, take your time and think about this, for real)

(Emotionally)

(Physically)

(Mentally)

It could be an over sized hoodie, an old text or account, photos, music...anything that is connected to a not so good feeling. The reason behind is that subconsciously the first thing you see in the morning and before sleeping everyday will stay in your mind. Once you find this thing, don't let it stay in your room or visible area. What we're looking to do is to eliminate any outside igniter, this is the easy step compared to the road ahead. Admitting you have a problem will take the denial out of your life. 

Things like "I will be fine, this is a normal thing I am supposed to go through" or "Many already struggle with it and have it worst, I have it good in life, which means my feelings are selfish" and the most common one is "It is just a little fall, THINGS WILL GET BETTER"

The last one is the biggest lie anyone has ever told you, truth is hard. The real question is "When have things been better?" they'll never be as "better" as you want it to be, or normal. That doesn't exist, not only figuratively speaking but literally, nothing in life is just "good because it is". All those posters you may read on the doctors area saying --Life is happiness-- are the most honest and summarized description of what not carrying the "doubts bag" feels like. 

You don't need neither good or perfect grades, I know how that sounds but bare with me. If you put together all the little things that make you happy in a whole day, would you care for bad grades? The answer is no, you wouldn't. Because life is not about getting better nor a job, nor your income, and your grades.  

Logically speaking that sounds bad, like not making money and becoming homeless bad, or living in your car bad. That's not true, that's what history has taught us, but we keep learning different. 

To understand this emotion you are going through called depression, you'll have to think in what you want once this feeling is gone. Answers such as "Then I'll be happy" or "As long as I don't feel it anymore, anything will do" and the basic one "I'll keep living and work harder".

None of this answers will make you happy, none explain what you want when this emotion is gone. 

For example, a good answer would be:

 "once it is gone, I want to taste every flavour in the food I eat, I want to wake up earlier to make myself some tea and enjoy the morning, I want to walk around downtown every Saturday" 

This are my examples, what are yours?

PD: Before getting into a "good place", you have to realize what the "good place" is for you.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 15, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Here's some Mental Health for Gen zजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें