¹¹ DON'T BE A NASTY LIAR

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter eleven  ❞

D E V I L ' S P L A Y   !
  chapter eleven 

D E V I L ' S    P L A Y   !❝  chapter eleven  ❞

(  TIRED SOUL  )—  tell me the truth

( TIRED SOUL )
—  tell me the truth.

HER EYES LOOKED DEAD if you peered a little closer to the dark circles that shadowed beneath her eyes. After her scandalous adventures that strewed upon her unfortunate weekend, Angel couldn't seem to forget the goosebumps that tingled down her spine. The feeling of his unholy hands had caved her in—it lingered beneath her flesh like a tattoo carved into the bones of her ribcage. She hadn't felt this exhausted in a while. Both mentally and physically, she could barely even function.

Even a couple cups of her favourite black coffee, did not seem to satisfy her god awful state. She tried to get wasted on caffeine but her eyes begged to be shut even if it was just a second. Angel sighed as she slumped her back against the chair next to the walking, breathing, explosive dynamite himself, Bakugou. He glanced at the young female from the corner of his piercing eyes. Ever since their last conversation ended on an awkward note, Bakugou had struggled to look at her in the eye, and so did Angel.

"You good?", he asked casually, as if he was attempting to act normal despite his furious heart that banged in his chest.

". . . I think so."

Her reply was strangely dry. It didn't sound great when the male student could hear the tiniest hesitation that trembled in her voice—just slightly. Bakugo wondered if anything happened over the weekend, but more specifically, if anything happened between Angel and Chisaki. He didn't want to doubt her, he wanted to trust her but the way she looked miserable that day made him want to rethink again. Somehow, this was beginning to piss him off a lot more than he had anticipated for.

"I'm gonna go, I have to return some books. I'll see you next class", she spoke without a glancing at Bakugou.

Angel strolled through the almost empty hallway. It was a late afternoon, and as much as she would have normally appreciated a quiet sunny day, Angel couldn't seem to enjoy it. The young female sighed as she looked through the wide glass panels; seeing the way the clouds lit up tiny specs of golden light made her feel oddly at peace. Angel took a couple of more steps until she heard a voice that sounded a lot more like a snarky snake to her ears. There he was. The abomination in the flesh of a human right before her ungodly eyes. Miya Atsumu.

"It's a nice afternoon, isn't it?"

"It was until I saw your stupid face."

"Ouch, I'm hurt. That's not what a member of the student council should say", he spoke with a playful tone.

It seemed as though fate had been a bitch to her life, and by no means was this an exaggeration. Why is it that all the misfortunate curses were bestowed upon her soul? Because wherever she walked, breathed and touched, Angel swore that she could hear the witches from hell cackling upon her misery. But above all, her most hated curse had to be no other than Atsumu. A curse that fuelled her deepest and darkest desire for bloodlust. God, it was so tempting when it was just the two of them. Angel could practically feel her bones aching to destroy his face.

"I can't believe I slept with an asshole like you", Angel sighed as slapped her palm against her forehead.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you had forgotten. You hooked up with me at the Underworld, remember?"

Atsumu furrowed his brows as he took a couple of more steps towards the female. At first, she thought that her professor was joking around just to irk her mood, but seeing that serious expression up close, that might not be the case anymore. There was a sudden venomous feeling that crawled up her spine like a ghostly shiver of a shadow. It began to feel like a bone-crushing sensation when the tingles stabbed her flesh. Angel couldn't have mistook him for another person, that can't be possible, right? But when Atsumu spat the words out, it seemed to be quite possible indeed.

"I think you misunderstood something", he spoke as he peered a little closer to see her face.

"It's true that we met at the Underworld. We had a couple of drinks here and there, might have gotten slightly tipsy, shared a few heated kisses but—"

Angel couldn't even hear a thing. It sounded more like bullshit to her ears when he spoke. She wanted to pull her hair out of frustration and to scream to the world for being a foolish brat who got too caught up in her moments. What the fuck was he talking about? She had hoped that this was all one big prank, but when he said the next few words. Angel was certain that this venomous feeling that crawled up her spine had begun to swallow her entire body.

"We never hooked up."