3) Going Home

I never woke up when the car stopped. Fred had to carry me out and into The Burrow. Fred carried me upstairs and laid me on his bed gently. 'Freddie, bringing a girl home? And straight to your room? You move fa-' George said but was cut off by Fred hitting him with a pillow. 'Shut it George! She's asleep!' Fred whisper yelled. George noticed now that I was and complied.

I woke up to Molly shouting us all for lunch, I was still wrapped in Fred's Christmas jumper. Something else was wrapped around me too, I didn't realise until I turned around to see that Fred had been laying waiting for me to wake up, his arms were wrapped around my waist and I turned to meet his gaze. 'Oh my goodness, Fred I'm so sorry!' I said going to get up but he pulled me back down. 'Don't worry about it y/n/n. I liked the company.' He smiled at me as I blushed wildly. 'FREDRICK WEASLEY GET DOWN HERE FOR LUNCH!' Molly yelled, she thought I was still asleep but knew Fred was awake. We both got up and headed downstairs, pretending nothing happened. 'Oh y/n, I'm so sorry if I woke you!' Molly said, setting a plate before me. 'Don't worry about it Molly, I needed to wake up anyway' I smiled at the woman. George was sat next to me and Fred was across from me. George took my hand to try and get a reaction from Fred. To no one's surprise, Fred then kicked George in the ankle which caused George to jerk his hand away from mine. 'Someone seems jealous' Ginny said, looking at Fred. 'Coming from the girl who's obsessed with Pot-' Fred was cut off by Ginny throwing a roll at him.

After lunch, I headed to the Lovegood's house with Ginny so Ginny could see Luna and I could see my family. I walked in and hugged Xenophilius and Luna. Pandora had passed away when I was 12, I got the owl from Xenophilius and headed straight home. I comforted the young Luna when I got home. 'It's good to see you y/n!' Xenophilius said smiling down at me. 'It's good to see you too Xeno' I smiled. I never referred to Xenophilius or Pandora as my parents, I don't know why but I never felt comfortable doing it. After talking with the Lovegoods for an hour or two, Ginny and I headed back to The Burrow. Yes, the Lovegoods are my family but I always spent the holidays with the Weasley's.

When we walked back in, it was about seven o'clock at night. Ginny and I had narrowly missed dinner, the boys had ended up eating everything even though Molly said to save us both something. Ginny and I just snuck past Molly since she was doing the dishes. I walked Ginny to her room then went further upstairs to Fred and George's room. Everyone was outside playing quidditch, which Ginny and I were annoyed we missed. I began to set up a bed for myself on the floor in between the twins' beds then I went out to watch their game.

Once I headed out, Charlie and Bill realised they had to leave to get back to their jobs, they said their goodbyes and received their Christmas presents then left by floo powder. Ginny and I slotted in for them. Since there wasn't enough players to have full teams, we decided to have a keeper and 2 chasers. On my team was Ron, Harry and I. The other team was Fred, George and Ginny. Ron was in goals for our team while George was in goals for the other. Harry and I were chasers along with Fred and Ginny. Hermione was below us all and she threw up the quaffle. I grabbed the quaffle, Fred chasing after me but I headed straight towards George. I ended up scoring! 'You only did that well because you actually play your position at school' Fred mumbled. 'What was that Freddie? I didn't hear you?' I shouted playfully at Fred. He rolled his eyes as we continued the game. It was all tied up now, Fred and Ginny took the lead after our first goal but we quickly caught up. It was 90-90 and we had all decided before the game that first to 100 would be the winner. We were all taking a quick break to get some water when Fred turned to me. 'Y/n/n, I got an idea' he said, grinning an evil grin. 'Which is?' I asked.

'Why don't we put a little bet on the end result of our game?'

I giggled slightly. 'Alright Weasley, what'll it be?'

'If you win, you can choose for that one. But if I win..' the boy smirked at me 'you need to take my bed tonight'

'Fred, I'm not taking your bed! That would mean you'd be sleeping on the floor where I'm supposed to be!'

'What makes you so sure of that, y/n?'

I then realised what the boy meant. This was very forward, even for Fred but I reluctantly agreed.

'So what happens if you win?'

'You'll see'

We continued our game and it lasted about 20 more minutes. The quaffle was being passed around like a time bomb. Harry picked up on Ginny's crush and whenever she had the quaffle, he winked at her causing her to drop it. Harry would then take it but Fred would get it. Then I'd grab it and it just went in a loop from there. Eventually, Fred took the quaffle and whizzed straight towards Ron. I darted forward trying to help Ron but I was too slow. Fred got the quaffle in.

'See you soon, y/n' Fred said with a wink as he headed inside.

I hadn't realised how long we had been playing for until Molly called us all inside. 'Come on everyone! It's time for bed!' I walked rather fast until I remembered the bet. It was safe to say I walked very slowly up the stairs trying to avoid going to bed but Molly kept hurrying me along. I was now stood in the doorway of Fred and George's room. Fred was laying on his bed but George was nowhere to be seen. 'Where's Georgie?' I asked. Fred had a massive grin on his face. 'My dear brother decided that he'd take advantage of the two empty rooms for once. He's staying in Charlie's room' I then realised that I could've staying in Bill's room if I hadn't made the bet. I huffed as Fred looked straight at me. 'You heard what my mum said! Time for bed!' He grinned. I looked at the boy and awkwardly laid down beside him.

Fred then wrapped his arms around me. He was yet to realise that I was wearing his quidditch jumper he thought he'd lost around a month ago when in reality I stole it. He had ended up getting a new one though so I hoped he wouldn't notice. I slowly drifted off to sleep as Fred adjusted his arms so instead of being around my shoulders, they were around my waist.