Introduction

Hello! Welcome to Waiting For Sunrise, a Books of Beginning AU that I am absolutely ecstatic to be writing. I'm glad you're here, but there's a few things you need to know before reading:

You need to have read all three books in John Stephens wonderful trilogy, the Books Of Beginning. While this story does not follow them, the characters and many aspects of the plot come from them, and even though this is an AU and much has been altered, you will comprehend it a lot easier if you know the books this fanfiction comes from.

You do not have to read my other TBOB fanfictions to read this. This story is completely separate from Dance Of Magic, Time's Tragedies, and Gold And Shadow. If you'd like to read them, I'd be delighted, but if not, you can still understand this story fine because it is completely independent of these other works.

This story is an AU, which for those of you who don't know, means Alternate Universe. While it still centers around the canon characters, and many events are inspired by the original TBOB plot, it is a reworking of said canon through an all new set of circumstances. For instance, this is set in 1899/1900 and the Wibberlys are growing up there, not in the 2010s. It involves the Wibberly siblings, the savages, and many other characters we know and love but with different stories and interactions, because again, this is an AU, and the whole point is to change things up and make it interesting. Something that I am definitely excited about.

A little warning about content; this story will contain cursing and vulgar language, fantasy elements, violence and occasional blood and gore, heavy amounts of darkness and emotional torment at times, and character death. I do enjoy being sadistic and including many twists and turns in everything I write. It's up to you to choose whether you can read this or not. I am giving you a heads up, but you are responsible for yourself, not me. 

This story will also include a lot of Kate x Rafe, some Michael x Wilamena, and a lot of love between family, friends, and found family. It will include some OCs (Original Characters) but not the ones from my previous fanfictions. These OCs are members of the Savages who will be interacting with the Wibberlys and other central characters, and who I am excited to introduce and develop with the story.

Finally, I'm really excited for this! I've written TBOB fanfics before, but never like this. Those were within the realm of canon events, with only some things altered. This is a whole other universe in which I rework the canon and rewrite the story. I originally spelled out some of this idea in the 'Savages AU' chapter of Life, Death, and Time, my oneshots book. But then my creativity kicked in and my impulse control failed, as usual, so now I'm writing the story as a book here. I'm going to try and make this a great story, and update in a timely manner, but between life and the bouts of writers block I can sometimes get, I don't know how realistic that goal is. Be patient if things happen, please and thank you.

I really am so happy to be writing this, and I already have a ton of ideas I can't wait to put into play. I hope you're excited to, and please feel free to comment and interact with me, hearing from my readers always makes me smile.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Books of Beginning, John Stephens does. I only own any original characters and original plot events.

Dedication: This story is dedicated to everyone in the TBOB fandom, even if that is just eight people and a cardboard box. We might be tiny, but we are dedicated, and that makes us powerful.

Without further ado, I present to everyone: Waiting For Sunrise.

Enjoy!