Her Second Capture

Katherine and Eric had been in Arizona for a few days. I had no idea, and they had no idea what city I had settled in. They first searched Yuma, and Katherine, being the genius she was, figured I would be in either Phoenix or Tucson. Phoenix was first on their list. Katherine planned to spend about two or three days in each major city in Arizona until she found me.

She spent the first five days between Yuma and Phoenix, but to no avail, she couldn't find us. I was living my next secretive life in Tuscon.

While they were searching, Anna started to get the itch to venture out again. I shot that down as quickly as she brought it up, not wanting to go through another near capture. Plus, I was sick of running. I planned to focus on our unborn child and put down roots in Tuscon the best we could.

I did have to secure a new identity for Anna, though, which I accomplished over the first few weeks of us being there. She was then Rose Benson. After receiving her name, I felt a tad more comfortable with going out. We planned never to venture far, but we knew we had to get our baby checked out. Anna found a doctor who lived about a mile from our place. That distance was OK, but nothing further. I didn't want to puncture the little bubble that we had begun to live in, and driving a further distance could do just that.

We had our first doctor's appointment for the baby a week after Katherine arrived in Arizona. She had spent seven days in the first two cities before she proceeded to Tuscon. She had no clue where to begin to look when she arrived.

The morning of the appointment had finally come. Anna curled her silky auburn hair since she wanted a different look than the old Anna's poker-straight mane. I dressed in laid-back attire, different from my dapper suits. A baseball cap sat on my head with reading glasses on my face. I needed to conceal my identity the best I could.

Soon we were off to see our baby for the first time. We made it with no issues, walked in, checked in, took a seat, and waited. We remained in our chairs for close to thirty minutes before being called back.

"Rose Benson," the nurse called out. Anna and I continued to chat as she hollered the name again, "Rose Benson, Is there a Rose Benson here?"

Anna jumped to her feet. She had never heard her new name called out before, so she ignored the nurse's first few attempts. She'd have to remind herself to only respond to Rose and never to Anna, unless it was me speaking. Anna and I followed the nurse back to a private room to have her vitals and weight taken. She then led us to a room where they would take her belly measurements and perform an ultrasound.

Before the doctor would come back, the nurse had to get some family and personal history on 'Rose' Benson. Anna used any of her family histories for Rose's. She did that to be cared for properly if there were ever an issue with herself or the baby. We once again entertained the waiting game, and it took another twenty minutes for Anna's doctor to grace us with her presence.

The doctor finally came back to the room right as we were beginning to get restless. A middle-aged, plain jane looking woman walked in to greet us. Dr. Salager was her name. She seemed like a great doctor, and Anna took to liking her. They spoke as girlfriends would while she went over Anna's due date and the next steps with her pregnancy. We conceived in March and were told that the due date for the baby would be December 25th. Seriously, what were the odds? A Christmas baby.

"Are you going to want to know the sex of the baby too?" Dr. Salager asked.

Anna and I looked at each other, and both shrugged our shoulders at her question. "I honestly think I want to be surprised," Anna replied. I looked at Anna and nodded in agreeance.

After the appointment ended, Anna bounced out of the office while we headed to the parking lot. We both got into our new ride and headed back home. Anna decided she needed to stop first to satisfy her pregnancy cravings, and I reluctantly agreed.