Chapter 7- Empathy

Empathy the NightWing was in the infirmary. She had just delivered a prophecy. This time she swore it was real. Fatespeaker and Starflight sat beside her medicine bed speaking in hushed voices. They were the ones who didn't believe her, actually, and they her were parents! They were supposed to believe their dragonets more than anyone! 

The purple dragon turned over to silently tell them she didn't want them there, and to go do their teacher stuff. Suddenly, she had another vision. 

A massive dragon with shocking electric blue scales, feathers, and underscales of a different shade of blue was covered in jewelry and scars from horns to tail. The DreamWing queen roared for her dragons to charge- but charge where? Empathy recognized the rainforest in the background. The DreamWings were attacking Jade Mountain! But why?

She looked around. The land was covered in ash and smoke, there were fires everywhere with dragons fighting to survive. The Dragonets of Destiny were fighting as well. Nearby, a dragon roared in pain and she saw a SkyWing hovering by a pile of black ash. The vision flickered black and white.

Empathy sat up quickly, her heart beating as fast as a SkyWing flew. She saw her parents had left. And- was that the sound of rain- thunder too?

"Oh, you're awake!" she heard Clay's voice. 

"Do you need anything?" he asked. The NightWing dragonet shook her head no. "Alright, it's optional period right now, do you want to go?" 

Empathy nodded, smiling at him, and slowly climbed off the bed. She walked into the hallway and up to one of the maps of the academy. A tunnel that was marked NightWing Powers was not too far away from Botany Class.

The purple dragon hurried down a dark tunnel, breathing out small plumes of flame to light her way. It was probably on purpose that they didn't put any light down here because NightWings had night vision, as they were nocturnal.

Empathy suddenly saw a dark-scaled dragon appear at the end of the hall. 

"Hello, are you here for the NightWing class?" she asked. "Follow me!" A mind reader! thought the dragonet excitedly, practically bouncing up and down. 

"My name is Moonwatcher, you can call me Moon," Moon said, leading her into what seemed to be her classroom. It had no torches, but globes that glowed purple and blue. There were about four dragonets in the room, either reading at their desk or looking around.

The NightWing dragonet sat down behind a desk with a few scrolls and a curious black rock on it. 

"Now that everybody's here, we can begin. First, we need to learn all of our names. As you know, I'm Moon, your teacher and I'm a telepath as well as a prophet. You, what's your name?" Moon pointed at a small dark green tinted dragonet with black underscales, a short snout, and long claws. 

"M- me?" he stuttered. "M-m-my name's Everknow." 

"Next, how about you?" Moon pointed at a larger NightWing who looked to be almost nine, with a giant scowl on her face that was probably permanent. 

"Fury!" she roared. 

Empathy took it that happened a lot. She was getting scary images coming from Fury's mind, like she wanted to kill everyone that got in her way. 

"And you?" Moon nodded at the purple dragon. "My name is Empathy!" 

"You?" 

"Betrayal."

After the rest of them introduced themselves, Moon started the lesson. 

"Have any of you heard the rain or waves before?" she asked. All of them nodded. "So, telepaths learn to keep themselves from going insane by slipping the thoughts of other dragons around them into raindrops, like this." The NightWing closed her eyes and appeared in some of the dragonets' minds and put an image of rain into them.