Chapter 16

A/N: I know this might be a little out of order now that we are on to Slade being the big bad, but I wanted to fix something that I didn't like about the show so Team Arrow will be going after a bad guy that was in season one this time.

Over the next couple of days Oliver spent most of his time getting his campaign together. He was looking for funding, letting the right city officials know that he was running so his name would be on the ballot, and last but not least he was giving a speech so that all the people knew that he was serious about running.

Once all of that was done, he decided to look up Rene and see if he was still living at the same place so that he could go and ask if he would be his deputy mayor. He found that Rene was at the same apartment as in the past, so he went to pay him a visit.

When Oliver got there, he knocked on the door and a young woman answered the door who Oliver could only assume was Rene's wife. When she answered the door she asked "Can I help you? I never thought we would have a chance to meet Oliver Queen."

"It is nice to meet you, but I was wondering if I could talk with your husband?" Oliver asked.

"Sure. I will go get him." She said.

Oliver nodded and waited for Rene to come to the door. When he got to the door, he asked Oliver "How can I help you Mr. Queen?"

Oliver slipped the memory ring on his finger and then said, "You can call me Oliver and I just wanted to come by and meet people in the glades because I will be running for mayor for this next term." He said while reaching out to shake Rene's hand.

When Rene's hand touched Oliver's He started to get all of his memories back and then he looked at Oliver and smiled.

"So, I guess you are here to ask me to be Quentin's assistant again?" Rene said.

"No, actually I am here to asked you to be my deputy mayor." Oliver said.

Rene was stunned to hear that and said "Are you sure you wouldn't rather have Quentin. I mean I would be honored, but I am not looking for anything like that from you."

"Right now, I think Quentin is actually enjoying being a cop again, so the job is open if you want it." Oliver said.

"Yeah, of course I will take it. So, can I also be on the team again? I have been feeling like something has been missing for a while." Rene said.

"Yeah, you always have a place on the team. How about you come to the club called Crimson tonight and we will get you set up with the team." Oliver said.

"You want to take me clubbing? What does that have to do with the team?" Rene asked.

"Just be there at seven and you will find out." Said Oliver.

"Alright. I will see you the." Said Rene.

Oliver had told Laurel that he would pick her up from CNRI so that they could go to lunch. When he got there, he saw that she was busy so he asked her "Would you rather I just come and take you to lunch another day?"

"No, today is fine. Just give me a few minutes to finish this." Laurel said.

Oliver nodded and got a chair and sat down until she was done with her work. When she was done, they left to go to Big Belly Burger. They ordered their food and then went and sat down.

"So, did you find the guy that you want to be your deputy mayor?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah, he said that he would love to be my deputy mayor. He also wanted back on the team. He is meeting us at Crimson tonight." Oliver said.

"Sounds good. So, he was a good teammate before?" Laurel asked.

"We had a few problems, but we got by them. By the way what are you working on today to keep you so busy?" Oliver asked.

"I was working on a case against Edward Rasmus and the Moore's are testifying against him again. I have a meeting with them right after lunch. I would like to find a way to keep them alive this time." Laurel said.

Oliver nodded in agreement and then they just talked for the rest of the time until it was time for Laurel to be back at work. When she got back to the office the Moore's were there waiting for her so she had the meeting and got all of the details so that they would be ready for court the next day. When they were done Laurel asked if they could stay for a minute while she made a phone call.

"Hey Oliver, do you think that we can set up the guest room at the apartment so that the Moore's can stay with us and be safe?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah I think that would be a good idea. I will set everything up." Oliver said.

"Thanks." Laurel said as she returned to the Moore's and said, "If you don't mind, I would rather you stay at our place tonight because Rasmus can be dangerous, and we have bodyguards that can protect you." Laurel said.

"We don't want to be an inconvenience, but if you insist, we will do that." Mr. Moore said.

"Ok, so I want you to go to this address and my husband will be there to show you in. I will be there in a couple of hours." Laurel said and the Moore's took the address and left.

Later that night Oliver and Laurel meet Rene at Crimson and took him down to the basement lair where Thea, Sara, Roy, Felicity, and Emiko were waiting. They all said hello and then Rene asked "So, what do we have planned for tonight?"

"You will be guarding Laurel and my apartment. We have taking one of Laurel's clients into protective custody there. Diggle is already there. Rene, I want you in normal clothes and standing guard with Diggle. The rest of you suit up and keep an eye out from a distance. Laurel and I will be inside the apartment watching them." Oliver said.

"So, y'all aren't suiting up tonight then?" Thea asked.

"Nope, we have to be ourselves tonight. We can't show up in our suits and it not be noticed." Laurel said.

"Good point." Sara said and everyone went to get ready for what they were assigned to do.

Thirty minutes later Oliver and Laurel were back in their apartment with the Moore's and Mia. Thea came over the comms and said "We have someone climbing the fire escape. Do we attack?"

"No, let Laurel and I try to take care of it first. If that does not go well, then you enter." Oliver said.

"I hear something on the fire escape you two take the kids into the guest room while we notify the bodyguards." Laurel said and the Moore's nodded and took the kids with them to the room.

Oliver got on the comms and said "Rene and Diggle, be ready in case we need you. Laurel, go get our spare weapons."

Laurel was back quickly with his spare bow and her staff and turned the lights off so that the hitman would think that everyone was asleep. A few minutes the door to the balcony opened and the hitman enters. The next thing he knows he is being attacked by Laurel with her staff. That was taking up all of his attention so when he got attacked from the other direction, he was really caught off guards. The hitman was then knocked to the ground and the next thing he knew, and arrow hit his heart and he was dead. Oliver called over the comms and said "its over. Y'all can go change and call it a night. We will call the cops to take care of this."

They turned on the lights and decided to stage the scene so no one knew the Green Arrow and Black Canary were there, so Oliver took the arrow out of the hitman's chest and went and got the fire poker and stuck it in the hole in the guy's chest so that the poker had blood on it and also so the hole looked like the poker had made it.

The cops got there in ten minutes and had taken everyone's statements. They then got the body out of the apartment. Once everything was done, Laurel said "Well it is pretty late. I think y'all should just stay here for the night and then y'all can go back to your place tomorrow once Rasmus has been convicted.

The Moore's nodded and then went up to their room so that they could go to sleep. Once they were sure that everything was in order Oliver and Laurel made their way to bed to go to sleep as well.

A/N: I know that this was out of order episode wise, but I thought it was a good way to change these good people from getting killed. Please review and let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.