Girl meets day one

Waking up the next morning to the annoying sound of my phone ringing I roll over and see that it's Riley calling to make sure im up for the first day of school. Whatever i say to myself ignoring the call and going back to sleep when my phone rings again damn it.

"What Riley" I say into the phone.

"Good morning to you to" I hear Chris's voice saying through the phone.

"Why are you up so early chris" I say in a sleepy tone,

"damn i forgot  your not much of a morning person" Chris laughs.

"Yeah yeah whatever why are you up so early? I ask him.

"I was just trying to see if you wanted to take the subway to school" Chris says.

"Since when have you cared about going to school? I ask sitting up.

"Since im actually going to a real high school i want to see what all the hype is about. plus I would have the hottest tour guide in New York" Chris says.

One thing I didn't realize i missed so much was chris's constant flirting, it was just his nature.

"I guess i could considering im the hottest tour guide in the city." I say smiling.

"That's my girl i'll come down and pick you up in a little bit" Chris says.

For some reason i got a funny feeling when Chris called me his girl but i think it's just the fact that i can smell the bacon Shawn's cooking.

"Yeah see you then." I say before hanging up and looking at the time on my phone. 6:50 shit i say getting up and dragging myself to the bathroom to shower.

Once in the bathroom I wash my face and brush my teeth before stripping down and hoping into the warm shower letting the hot water wash over my body after about thirty minutes i turn the water off and wrap a towel around my body and head back to my room to pick out an outfit.

Looking through my clothes i finally decided to wear a rolling stones crop top with a pair of ripped black skinny jeans with my converses.

I decide to leave my hair down and apply a small amount of make up with lip gloss.

Im not one of those girls who wears a lot of make up that's Riley's thing.

After I finish getting dressed i grab my backpack and phone seeing a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Riley i just ignored them and head to the kitchen where i see Shawn and my mom already eating breakfast.

"Morning kiddo." shawn tells me as i sit down pilling my plate with food.

"Morning." guys i tell my parents once i start to stuff my face with bacon.

Ever since my mom and Shawn got married and he moved in with us in our apartment on the lower east side It feels like having a actual family.

"So you wanna tell me why Corey called and said that Riley's freaking out because your ignoring her calls on the first day of school? Shawn asks

Letting out a sigh "Im kinda pissed at them right now"

"Why what happened? Shawn asks me. and I immediately look over at my mom wondering if i should tell Shawn about the real reason why i haven't seen Chris for the last three years.

Mom just gives me a reassuring smile that it's ok to tell Shawn considering that he wasn't always on the straight and narrow when he was younger.

"So you remember how i told you Chris moved to Albany three years ago. Well that was only a half truth. I mean he was in Albany he was kinda forced to move there by the New York state department of corrections." I tell Shawn who's looking at me with a smirk.