24. moonlight

🎵Moonlight — Chase Atlantic

I wake up to the throbbing pain of my knee. I stretch, opening my eyes, taken aback by my surroundings. I'm laying in Harry's bed in his room; he must have carried me up here after I fell asleep in his car. The bed is empty, and it's just me in his bedroom.

Puzzled, I raise my body up carefully. The sun has long set, the sky is a deep midnight blue. I look at the bedside table and giggle.

There's my prescription pills for my knee with a small sticky note stuck to it that reads "Take me!" along with a glass of water. I laugh quietly to myself and reach for the bottle, only to see another note on the table. I grab it, squinting to read the print.

I didn't want to wake you too soon, you had such a long day. Take your pill, go take a nice, hot shower, and put on that dress that's on the chair in the corner of the room. When you're ready, take the stairs at the last door at the end of the hallway and meet me upstairs. -H

What?

A million thoughts are racing through my head as the excitement courses through my veins. I look to the chair in the corner and see a sequined, deep blue dress draped over the back. What does this man have up his sleeve?

I bite my lip, suppressing a smile. Is he 'upstairs' waiting for me? I don't want to keep him waiting. I didn't even know there was another floor to his large apartment.

I quickly swallow the prescribed painkillers and carefully walk over to his large bathroom. I turn on the water, allowing it to heat up as I tie my hair up. I step in, and sigh as the hot water falls down onto my neck, easing the tension there. I wash my body quickly, being especially careful around my knee; I'm going to have to see if Harry has any large bandages in his cabinets so I can put a new one on.

I get out the shower and wrap the towel around me, opening the cabinets around the countertop and sink.

Found them!

I dry my skin with the towel before I open the box of bandages, placing a new one onto my kneecap. The stitches don't look as horrifying as I thought they did earlier.

I pad back into Harry's bedroom and grab the blue dress from the chair. Holding it up, it looks almost iridescent as I twist and turn it at different angles. I nervously pull it on, adjusting the straps up my shoulders.

The dress falls almost above my knee. It's absolutely stunning...I feel the butterflies stirring in my tummy as I loosen my hair, letting it fall down my back. I wish I had some makeup, just to look a bit more alive.

I finally finish and I quickly exit Harry's room and enter the hall. There's a door right at the head, it's slightly ajar. I walk briskly towards it; I just want to see him already. I push the door to see a flight of stairs going up. A soft breeze blows and I can smell the night air. I'm not too sure where it leads as yet, but I walk up and when I reach the landing I gasp.

A rooftop, strung up with little fairylights around the greenery. It's so large and so pretty, but I don't have the time to take in the surroundings. My eyes immediately focus on the beautiful man in front of me, and my breath hitches.

He's wearing dark blue dress pants, the exact color to match my dress, and a white button down; of course the first few buttons are left unbottoned, the vast dark ink on his chest exposed.

Harry turns to face me when he hears my gasp, those beautiful moss-green eyes meeting mine. A smiles breaks out across his face, and I can't help but return one back at him. 

He gestures in front of me and I only now notice the small table in the middle of the rooftop. It's covered with a white tablecloth, with a candle in the middle. I notice some sunflowers in a cute little vase beside the candle. My heart swells. A dinner?