32. his sun and moon

🎵Gypsy — Fleetwood Mac

"Ella, baby," Harry's voice coos in my ear. "Wakey wakey..."

"Mhm," I manage out, turning over onto my side. My eyes are still closed, but I reach for him. I hear his soft chuckle from above me and I feel his hand brush back my hair.

"Happy birthday, my golden girl," Harry says softly, his fingers clutching my chin.

I feel his lips connect with mine and I instantly open my eyes. Harry chuckles, and I'm met with his mossy green eyes staring into mine.

"It's your birthday!" He exclaims all of a sudden, scooping me up into his arms in one swift movement. I yelp, clutching onto his shoulders with the unexpected movement.

"We're in France and it's your birthday!" Harry shouts, squeezing me in his arms as he plants kisses all over my face.

I giggle, wrapping my own arms around him as I snuggle my face into his neck. "We've got a full day ahead, let's get you in the shower, yeah?" He's already dressed in a white button-down, always with the first few buttons left undone.

How does he always manage to take my breath away?

I laugh as Harry sets me down, pointing to the bathroom on the side of the large bedroom. "You go shower and get dressed, I'll be in the kitchen waiting for you." Harry kisses my forehead before pointing again to the bathroom, and exits the room. I laugh to myself as I head into the bathroom, and begin brushing my teeth.

I flush at the sight of myself in the mirror; my neck and chest are peppered with purple hickeys from Harry last night — I'm definitely going to have to cover that up with some makeup. I brush my teeth and hop in the shower quickly, reflecting on the past night.

I slept so peacefully in Harry's arms, with him humming thay same tune that he hummed on the plane. My dreams throughout the night consisted of Harry and the stars.

I quickly finish in the shower, walking back into the bedroom and looking through my suitcase for the outfit that I packed. I had no idea what Harry had planned, but he didn't specify on any type of attire.

I pull on the lavender, off-shoulder buttoned dress. I hurriedly fix my hair and apply a little makeup, making sure to cover up the little bites and hickeys that Harry left on my skin, before walking out the room and down the long hall to the kitchen.

In the daytime, the sun's rays spread across the hall. I look out past the sunroom as I pass by and I gasp; the private beach is even prettier now that it's light out.

When I walk into the grand kitchen, my heart swells. Harry's waiting at the dining table in the corner; the table is full with croissants and crepes and fresh fruits. Waiting for me is a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Sunflowers for my sunflower," Harry says as I near him, getting up to kiss me. I laugh when he pulls away.

"You look beautiful." His hand runs down my side before coming back up to to cradle my cheek. "I can't believe we woke up in France together."

I shake my head with a smile when he pulls the chair out for me before sitting across from me. "I can't either...so, what's on the agenda for today?"

Harry smiles sneakily at me, taking a bite out of his croissant before pointing to my plate. "First, we eat breakfast."

I look down to my plate to see a crepe with some fresh strawberries. I raise my eyebrows. "Strawberries, huh?" I tease, remembering the night he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Harry shrugs. "World's most famous aphrodisiac," he replies. "I've already proven that to you." I laugh again, taking a bite out of the crepe filled with sweet creme.